lets fix all the ap abilities on physical champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klouth

10-21-2010

Almost every physical champion in the game has an ability or two that scales with ability power. I.e. Sivir's boomerang, gangplank's heal and ultimate, twitch's expunge, tryndamere's q, and so on.

When I first started playing this lead me to believe most every champion was intended to have the capability to build as ability power or damage and be viable.

This is not the case. Riot did not intend anyone to play ap sivir and perform well. Also hybrid builds utterly fail on almost any champion other than akali and kayle, whose passives warrant it.

Can we please undo this? Change sivirs boomerange to scale off of damage, she deserves it. Make all such physical champ abilities scale off of damage. I'd rather get 2% damage ratio than 100% ap on a champ that gets booed off the team for buying caster gear.

Gangplank could probably stand to go the opposite direction. The only time anyone uses that 250 damage 50% crit they built on him is to lolparrleyandrun!! His heal and ultimate want ap and spell pen. Switch his q back to magic damage, give it an ap ratio, and let the poor pirate get over his identity crisis. We all know his girlfriend is the real physical carry anyways.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

10-21-2010

Sivir and Gangplank - ok
Yi and Twitch (for example) - No,that would end up in too powerfull attacks.

freeker

10-21-2010

ye i agrea with dis

Gunflame

10-21-2010

AP YI = very effective

Azuredragon653

10-21-2010

The idea is if the ability doesn't scale, it can be have a better base effect. This is needed for AD characters because they tend to be lack-luster in the laning phase, bad in mid game, but dominant late game.

Dragonxa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klouth View Post
Also hybrid builds utterly fail on almost any champion other than akali and kayle
Nidalee wants to talk with you

Azuredragon653

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonxa View Post
Quote:
almost any champion

Klouth

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonxa View Post
Oh, hai nid... didn't notice you over there hiding in the bushes tossing javelins and heals because you die in .2 seconds if you actually enter a teamfight... hey why didn't you just build ap?

Pink401k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Quote:
other than akali and kayle

musiika

10-21-2010

Then AD champs would be OP?