Leavers During Ranked Matches

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ragingquitter

04-05-2013

Ok, I am sure people have said this before but it seems like nothing is ever done about it. When there is a ranked match and someone leaves or disconnects so the entire game is 4v5, we shouldn't lose points at all for it. In normals it doesn't really matter but when in ranked, it is just unfair and gives the other team the advantage.

Please do something about this.

BrokenParadigm

04-06-2013

^^^ riot knows when a player is disconnected from a game and they should actively give loss prevented to the players that have to deal with that and punish those that afk or disconnect. i know the tribunal punishes for afk but the disconnection should be taking a very very high priority for riot games.

Gorsgan

04-06-2013

Does anyone else find it ironic that "ragingquitter" is posting this?
Anyways I do agree with Paradigm. They need to make the problems...more severe

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

04-07-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsgan View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic that "ragingquitter" is posting this?
yes

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

04-07-2013
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingquitter View Post
Ok, I am sure people have said this before but it seems like nothing is ever done about it. When there is a ranked match and someone leaves or disconnects so the entire game is 4v5, we shouldn't lose points at all for it. In normals it doesn't really matter but when in ranked, it is just unfair and gives the other team the advantage.

Please do something about this.
What you suggested will subject to abuse, especially in ranked. Best we could do (in the short term) is just to increase education, so people learn not to leave or AFK in any games.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
What you suggested will subject to abuse, especially in ranked. Best we could do (in the short term) is just to increase education, so people learn not to leave or AFK in any games.
What a worthless post. This is almost as bad as riots stance on call versus order for drafts style games. Which lyte finally came out and said was a bad policy and was going to be addressed.

This is another bad policy. Now i am not saying that lost forgiven is the answer. But riot needs to come up with a better answer than we need to educate or inform people.

People know that they are screwing others over. They don't care cause they don't know them. Though there are things that could be done to lighten the load.

The DC or RQ can take a a bigger LP hit. make the people who played take 50% less and stack the rest on the DC or RQ. While overall this wouldn't actually do much since we aren't on the elo system. The players being effected by the DC/RQ will feel like they are not being punished as hard.

DLChade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2013

IMO punishing leavers in ranked should be more severe. A small number will have game issues, granted, and a small number will have RL problems. But that vast majority do it because they simply dont care, as they know nothing will happen. Often trolls getting a laugh, but more often its someone raging because they just lost thier lane, or want to keep their good k/d because the rest of the team isnt playing so well.

...not saying i have never left a game, but not in a ranked game

Hadryeal

04-07-2013

Quote:
It would be ripe for abuse people would say oh were losing then one of their friends would leave or afk in order to prevent losing their points, granted if they over did it one of them could be banned but it would still be widely abused.

edgtrv

04-07-2013

Quote:
It won't be abused if there are harsh enough consequences. My last two promo sets were lost due to afkers and leavers. All 4 games were a 4v5 in the enemies favor.

I'm not saying to ban on the first go, but a 3 strikes rule would work.
1: Warning
2. 3 day ban from ranked
3 2 week ban from ranked

And then escalate from there.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

04-07-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgtrv View Post
It won't be abused if there are harsh enough consequences. My last two promo sets were lost due to afkers and leavers. All 4 games were a 4v5 in the enemies favor.

I'm not saying to ban on the first go, but a 3 strikes rule would work.
1: Warning
2. 3 day ban from ranked
3 2 week ban from ranked

And then escalate from there.
The LeaverBuster system are pretty harsh once a player get over a threshold.
It is currently able to issue direct permanents bans in addition to suspensions of varying duration.

1234511 ... 13