Chat While Spectating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

09-29-2012

Please make it so that we can continue to chat with our friends and in chat rooms while spectating games.

I appriciate that this is surprisingly technically difficult, because the game spectating occurs in the main game client and the chat functionality is within the PVP.net client. But I think it would add a lot of stickiness to spectating, since people wouldn't lose access to their social connections while spectating a game. People could even spectate the same game and share their commentary.

Hugh Akston

09-29-2012

You can already. It's in the options. I don't remember exactly where but i think it's in more options or it shows up in the spectator modes list of HUD elements you want to display.

EDIT: I made a mistake, you can continue to private chat with your friends, you can't stay in chat rooms.

1v1meonmw2

09-19-2013

i couldnt do it while spectating am i able to see players chat while im spectating?

Bubonica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

You can change it somewhere in settings
Just check 'ALL' chat on.
You can see what the teams write to each other and you can also message your friends: /msg "playername" Your message here.

AstromitosHydros

09-22-2013

You can open the client while in spectator and chat at the same time, but I think if you only have 1 monitor it would be harder.(I have two monitors so I do this all the time)