Sorting Runes/Masteries Pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmaalFry

03-23-2012

First off, allow me to apologize if this is a duplicate post. I went back several through several pages of posts and did not see one on this topic.

The organization of the Runes and Masteries pages drive me nuts both when it comes time to pick said Runes/Masteries from the drop down menus while at character select, and to a lesser extent while managing my profile. To that end, I suggest some combination of the following three choices (perhaps some sort of selection method under account preferences?):

1) Do nothing: Without allowing this option, simply changing to one of the other two suggestions is bound to annoy those people who are so comfortable with their current setup, that moving things would cause grief)

2) Alphabetize the list: In either the Runes/Masteries pages or in the character select (or both), simply alphabetize items by name

3) Allow manual sorting: Since the presentation of Runes/Masteries within character select mimics the layout in the profile page, allow "drag and drop" (or some other method), of manually sorting said list within the profile page

While certainly not necessary to the function of the game, this oversight (in my opinion) is the most frustrating thing in the entire interface, and I for one would love to see it changed to something more "sensible".

Cheers.

Smaal

c0ry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

This has been brought up before, but Riot staff never comments on it. It seems like such a simple and important quality of life feature, but it gets swept under the rug. Hopefully this time it will get some attention, though I'm doubtful.

Ofooie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-25-2012

is it that hard to find your pages?

SmaalFry

03-25-2012

I am a casual player, that means I pretty much never play draft games (even normal). Additionally, my preferred play-style is to pick last, and round out the team as best as possible. As a result of the above, I am typically rushing to make summoner spell changes and runes/masteries changes (skins as well in rare changes, though these typically are made last).

Further, it is not at all rare (in my experience) that for <insert reason here> many picks are made with only a few seconds left. Those people as well must have at least some difficulty sorting out their setup in the 10 seconds available.

Granted, if I played more ranked games, the extra time prior to game start once character select is done would mitigate this problem entirely. In this particular case, I find this to be ... unfortunate.

Smaal

DieFleeRetreat

05-28-2014

yes