Talon is really hurting now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsylentFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
1. Most, if not all, Talon players maxed Rake first, meaning your Q is only missing 8 damage while laning.
2. His ultimate only lost base damage at later levels, so you only notice the nerfs if you bought a ****load of AD early.
3. His E is WORKING now, so he can still do the same, actually more, damage to a single target than before.
This. ^

Is wrong. Why? Because the loss of damage early game is not made up with the % increases in damage until late game. Why? Because most talon's, by level 6, will have one in Noxian Diplomacy, two points in Rake, one point in Cut Throat, and one point in Shadow Assault. A 3% damage amplification is paltry compared to the early game damage lost. especially the losses in bonus AD ratios. Now I've only been playing Talon for a couple of weeks now, but I've noticed that my ability to nuke down a squishy mid has been diminished.

Rymm

01-25-2013

i been playing Talon a long time and i build him a lil diffent then most but it was a good build, Now with the massive nerf to him the change is way to much. I cant even get a kill, i dive on target unload all my abilitys at lvl six and they walk away with half health and this is with a full AD rune page and and mastery. when't to deep with this nerf. I wana request they place him back to where he was before nerf atlest then i could deal damage = if not more then what im taking.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylentFox View Post
This. ^

Is wrong. Why? Because the loss of damage early game is not made up with the % increases in damage until late game. Why? Because most talon's, by level 6, will have one in Noxian Diplomacy, two points in Rake, one point in Cut Throat, and one point in Shadow Assault. A 3% damage amplification is paltry compared to the early game damage lost. especially the losses in bonus AD ratios. Now I've only been playing Talon for a couple of weeks now, but I've noticed that my ability to nuke down a squishy mid has been diminished.
1. 3 points in Rake. Level 6=6 skill points, not 5.
2. We've JUST mathematically proven that Talon's damage basically stayed the same to a single target, up until level 8-13, and then from 14 on he gets stronger.

Apparently, the concept of a nerf flew over your head. They intended to make him weaker, so they made his mid-game slightly weaker, and the fix to his damage amp makes him stronger late game.

I have not seen any diminish in burst except in mid-game, which is expected. His early-game potential is still relatively the same, and his late-game potential does go up. His mid-game got slightly weaker. Deal with it.

Wylwist

Recruiter

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Yeah, I played him. Sadly, the one full game I got, I was 2v1 against two other assassins in mid lane. Wacky comp worked cause my jungler never ganked, but my sad loss is not important.

What IS important is that Talon was already indirectly buffed by S3's new items and the change of Armor Penetration order. It's possible that he's weak, but I haven't really seen it mathematically or ingame.
Did you vs a brand and cass mid? Haha if so I was that cass

alfavhunter

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymm View Post
i been playing Talon a long time and i build him a lil diffent then most but it was a good build, Now with the massive nerf to him the change is way to much. I cant even get a kill, i dive on target unload all my abilitys at lvl six and they walk away with half health and this is with a full AD rune page and and mastery. when't to deep with this nerf. I wana request they place him back to where he was before nerf atlest then i could deal damage = if not more then what im taking.

this 'nerf' you speak of is actually a buff after runes + masteries, sure his very early game isa little weaker, but after lvl 4 he goes up hill, unless of course your building him as a bruiser or sustainer, that would hurt yoyr damage enough to be a nerf

ps, his ult needed the aoe damage nerf, it was making him able to fulful the role of an ap carry better than ap carries, he is in a good spot now, not op, not up, he wasa bit op atfer the S3 item changes, and if they simply fixed that bug her would be even more op to an ungodly level, thats why they had to nerf his single target capability, because his actual single target went up to much to be reasonable

bottom line, single target, if built right, he is stronger, aoe got weaker, and rightfully so

JustMyBassCannon

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylwist View Post
Did you vs a brand and cass mid? Haha if so I was that cass
No, I was against two ASSASSINS. Namely Ahri and jungler Zed.

KhaladLogan

01-27-2013

i agree talon was a good champ until they Nerf him and as a person that plays him allot i should know that Talon wasn't op you had to spam all your abilities and your summoner spells just to kill one champ and now you have to spam all you abilities and summoners spells and hope to god you don't die when you get to your second ability.

after they fixed the bug in his ability they Nerf it as well.

Aroph

01-27-2013

Katarina wouldn't be Katarina without her ult. Besides her tremendous single-target assassinating capabilities, she's becomes an enormous help in team fights even if she dies only after using her ult for 2 seconds.

Talon does need a bit more, pre-nerfs, he seemed pretty damn powerful, but didn't add much to team fights. Now, I don't know what to do with him...

KhaladLogan

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroph View Post
Katarina wouldn't be Katarina without her ult. Besides her tremendous single-target assassinating capabilities, she's becomes an enormous help in team fights even if she dies only after using her ult for 2 seconds.

Talon does need a bit more, pre-nerfs, he seemed pretty damn powerful, but didn't add much to team fights. Now, I don't know what to do with him...
talon isn't talon with no damage