New Nvidia Drivers 260.89

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ditchstick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-21-2010

After I installed the new drivers for nvidia game would not start after champ select

so just putting it out there for RIOT

ty


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sydarm

Senior Member

10-21-2010

+1 also happened to me

i have a gtx 295 on windows 7., i just rolled back


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sydarm

Senior Member

10-21-2010

no one else is getting this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crs Xpecial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2010

It's usually not a good idea to get the latest drivers if you aren't having any problems with your current ones...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S T

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial View Post
It's usually not a good idea to get the latest drivers if you aren't having any problems with your current ones...
Although an accurate statement, graphics drivers (especially Nvidia, consistently) improve the performance of your cards. So with graphics cards your statement is rarely true.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conexion

Senior Member

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T View Post
Although an accurate statement, graphics drivers (especially Nvidia, consistently) improve the performance of your cards. So with graphics cards your statement is rarely true.
I try to find a nice middle in these cases. A new driver comes out? Wait a month and most issues will be fixed as well as getting better performance. Win-win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-21-2010

configure ur directx


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyhan

Senior Member

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T View Post
Although an accurate statement, graphics drivers (especially Nvidia, consistently) improve the performance of your cards. So with graphics cards your statement is rarely true.
I would say it's half and half. I mean I've updated arbitrarily for better results, and updated because the computer was just being setup and the newest version was the only option only to get a driver that burned my video card. More often than not the new driver will be better. Not always the case however.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S T

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conexion View Post
I try to find a nice middle in these cases. A new driver comes out? Wait a month and most issues will be fixed as well as getting better performance. Win-win.
This is usually the best approach, unless you're having difficulties with your card currently. You sir are an intelligent man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhan View Post
I would say it's half and half. I mean I've updated arbitrarily for better results, and updated because the computer was just being setup and the newest version was the only option only to get a driver that burned my video card. More often than not the new driver will be better. Not always the case however.
Burned as in those recent mistakes where they fan controls stopped reading to the cards decided to just give up monitoring the temperatures and thus fried numerous cards? If you're talking about that, that is definitely one of the worse cases in recent graphics card updates.

Although many versions of graphics card drivers and be found, you don't always have to go straight to AMD or Nvidia's websites for the latest.