Lux AP scale bad really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoccoSacco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equos View Post
lol at including zileans ult in ap ratio assessment
I included all heals, shields and damage. Why not? This is about the effect AP has on there abilities.

AlexT3HGR8

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotSure View Post
The comment that people make is that she scales bad with AP. This is not a chart of damage output just AP scaling.
Idd but it does simply add the rations up and base how high the number is to be how well she scales with ap.

morgs pool is 0.2 because of the ticks, so the ability has a low ratio
according to this way of doing things, lux makes ground on morg for the table because all her abilities have higer ratios.

What im saying is that the AP ratio of a skill is determined by how its used, like how Zilean has 3.0 on his ult. That would put Zilean above morgana even pre-nerf, yet he never got any ratio QQ. Its nothing to do with damage, you can only compare characters with simular rolls on their skills with raw values, that as i pointed out, lux gets destoryed on.

RoccoSacco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOddOne View Post
It's one thing to just have bad ratios (like Annie) but it's another to have terrible bases AND bad ratios AND high cooldowns (Except on Lux's Ult). The problem is Lux has all of those problems so she comes off as being unpowered for most of the fight because her initial burst is weak and she's not going to be casting for a bit.
Yes I'm just saying that she doesn't have "bad AP ratios" I do understand the argument that she might need high AP ratios to make up for other things.

RoccoSacco

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT3HGR8 View Post
Idd but it does simply add the rations up and base how high the number is to be how well she scales with ap.

morgs pool is 0.2 because of the ticks, so the ability has a low ratio
according to this way of doing things, lux makes ground on morg for the table because all her abilities have higer ratios.

What im saying is that the AP ratio of a skill is determined by how its used, like how Zilean has 3.0 on his ult. That would put Zilean above morgana even pre-nerf, yet he never got any ratio QQ. Its nothing to do with damage, you can only compare characters with simular rolls on their skills with raw values, that as i pointed out, lux gets destoryed on.
Feel free to make this chart if you like let me know when your done lol
Plz read what the chart is and what it shows I hope it becomes more clear to you.

RoccoSacco

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post
I know. But it makes me wonder why you make this thread when it shows completely irrelevant information.
It does show that her AP scaling is not "bad" like people say over and over.

RoccoSacco

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinith View Post
Clearly every caster in the game will use each ability once, then exit the fight. All dots will tick exactly once, and all aoes will hit exactly one target
---
The champions at the bottom of your list have good AP scaling because they have low cooldowns and dot/aoe effects (sona,karthus,anivia,ryze). Kayle gets to add her AP ratio to every single auto attack, which is amazing scaling.

Lux has long cooldowns on her spells, and they aren't easy to hit multiple targets with (except the death laser)

Sounds like you have a problem with her abilities and not her AP scaling.

wildfire393

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotSure View Post
It does show that her AP scaling is not "bad" like people say over and over.
Really, there are two comparisons you can make.

Lux versus Annie:

Lux gets higher ratio on her Q, and it can hit two targets instead of just one.
Her second nuke (incinerate versus singularity) gets the same ratio and is AOE
Her ult has a higher ratio than Annie's Ult.

Lux versus Morgana

Lux's snare gets a lower ratio than Morg's, but the combined ratio for two targets is slightly higher.
Lux's AOE gets a lower ratio than Morg's, though it can more consistently hit all of it
Lux's shield has a higher ratio if she hits at least one other person with it, but the single-target ratio is lower even if they are hit both ways.
Lux's ult has a much lower Ratio than Morgana's, even if the second hit doens't go off.

So ratio-wise, she's pretty clearly between Annie and Morgana in power.

DoransTroll

10-21-2010

Dear OP: You are in fact onto something--something that most people here will/can never comprehend.
1) Most people who ever talks about AP scaling don't know what the heck they're talking about
2) Most champs do in fact have very similar AP scaling (total)
3) It depends on whether you're talking about scaling per unit time, or just damage scaling

Take WoW for example: Base scaling for spell power is 3.5 sec spell cast. Any spells that takes less casting time gets less spell power.
We don't have much of a cast time in LoL--but we have CD.
True mages may have more spammable spells, hence that 100AP will translate to X damage over 10 sec (say 2 casts), just like people who have spells on 10 sec CD who only cast once.
There are other things to take into account as well. Usually spells that are harder to land will have better scaling, etc.

The balance in this game is much better than most are willing to admit.