Custom Skins - PC Made Or In Hand??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myunda

10-21-2010

I have no idea if this have been up before, but here's something I've been thinking about. Custom skins. All are always made on pc's. Are there any rules or something like that, that says you can't post them if they're hand drawn..?? Cuz if not, I think I'd like to draw few skins maybe, it'd be interesting and something new..

Cyony

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myunda View Post
I have no idea if this have been up before, but here's something I've been thinking about. Custom skins. All are always made on pc's. Are there any rules or something like that, that says you can't post them if they're hand drawn..?? Cuz if not, I think I'd like to draw few skins maybe, it'd be interesting and something new..
ofc you can. The problem will be, you cant use them. well until someone takes his time to make it a skin ofc.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

10-21-2010

Draw all you want! Riot loves seeing community ideas. I believe thats how Riot Singed and Uncle Ryze started.

The reason most custom skins are computer made is that they are actually usable by modding the game files. They are only visible to you though.

Suru

10-21-2010

I think you guys are missing it. I think hes talking about drawing a skin. To do this you need to print out the mesh outline, then trace your drawing over the mesh outline. Remember things outside the outline will not be on the model. Then you need to scan your work, and resize it to fit the scale of the skin image. You'll most likely want to touch it up in photoshop still though. I've seen skins in other games done this way before, my only tip is to make sure you fully color the image "sketch" art doesn't work. That or slap a photoshop filter on it afterwards. Hope this helps