Supports getting kills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madraac

01-22-2013

Have you ever seen a fed Ali in late game? I have been one many times, and it makes you a threat versus just a tower pushing lane blocker. Now it does not happen very often, but if it does, as long as you are purposefully not going for the kill (ks) then you aer doing good. Ali is a champ with 4 AOE casts due to his passive, and I have literally gotten a kill or two due to the passive when I threw out a headbutt to an enemy, and their support champ died next to me. (It is also the reason I do not like Sunfire Cape for any support champ....)

However, as I normally either support or jungle, while it is better to get the ADC the kill, it is still better to get the kill as long as you do not die in the process regardless of what one person is raging about. I have found that a very quick, "Sorry for taking that kill" in team chat alleviates most people raging if they do not get insta bent out of shape.

Mookeypoop

01-22-2013

Just don't steal it on purpose accidents are okay because nobody perfect

SeCKS Egai

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickslyspyjr View Post
So I was recently informed that it's better that the enemy get's away alive than the support getting the kill, is this true? If it is, can someone explain why?
Sounds like that was coming from and adc that couldn't finish =P

Ender W1gg1n

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickslyspyjr View Post
So I was recently informed that it's better that the enemy get's away alive than the support getting the kill, is this true? If it is, can someone explain why?
I think you got paired with a nerd-rage egotistical adc.

I support as my main. Whenever I hear an AD carry complain about support getting a kill, I think two things:

1) It's the AD Carry's fault for not closing the deal. If they didn't want their support getting the kill, then they should have been the one to finish the job and get the kill themselves.

2) My AD Carry is a self-centered jerk, who thinks that the other 4 people on the team exist just so that 1 person can feel like an ego-boosted superstar.

Either way, I don't intentionally try to killsteal. But I don't exactly back off either. If I get a kill, it's because the AD Carry let it happen.

alaskaneagle

01-23-2013

obviously it's better to kill than not, better to kill than be killed. When the line between those goes grey is when it becomes a judgment call. I've killed enemies when the adc could have and let them go when they couldn't have. Both are mistakes, but you can guess which one is the worse of the two. I'm bummed when either happens but mistakes happen and in both situations it is still helpful to the team to have the enemy out of the lane to miss his cs. Niether is a HUGE mistake so don't beat yourself up about it.

things to watch for; does your adc have enough mana to use skills and what skill could they use to get the kill. Do they have enough health to get the kill without dieing or should you full aggro to make sure they don't die. Can he get the kill fast enough before the enemy gets help. does the enemy have a good escape he can use to save himself.

If you keep those things in mind your judgment calls will be better. I've let quite a few go before I thought to look at my adc's mana bar or the enemy's mana bar.

mendeleyev

01-23-2013

If you are the support tank and you grab a kill or 2, just make sure you use it effectively to harass the enemies even harder than usual. If I were nami, yeah I may have secured the kill, but it will be only moderately useful to team.

If I am support tanking and I am diving on the turret to secure a kill, if the ADC isn't right behind me, they don't deserve the kill.

Pobbes

01-23-2013

KS = kill secured. Always secure the kill. Giving the kill to the adc is a luxury. If you can afford the luxury, let the adc have the kill. Most of the time, just be glad the enemy is dead and you aren't. Let your adc have all the safe farm, and tell him that is the gold he gets from that kill.

Tim Allen Talon

01-23-2013

psh playin nunu/trist the other day with a friend he ended up getting 5 kills by the 20 minute mark

build a warmogs on his nunu and just tower dived all day and got me kills

HBAFreightTrain

01-23-2013

Ed Ward (former GosuPepper) is big on kill secured and his team doesn't mind because he spends the money on pink wards so Diamond can gank bot at will.