Supports getting kills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slickslyspyjr

01-21-2013

So I was recently informed that it's better that the enemy get's away alive than the support getting the kill, is this true? If it is, can someone explain why?

TheFriendlyUncle

01-21-2013

not sure if trolling, but no its not true

MoonAlien7

01-21-2013

Lol, it's all good. What can a silly old support do with an extra 300g. Gee, it's completely useless. A sight stone definitely won't help the team massively. It was probably a egotistical adc, dreaming about magically walking back to lane before they recall that suggested it. Even in the pros it's not frowned upon. A kill is a kill, and ALL members of the team can use money, not just the adc.

BrandiBug1991

01-21-2013

I main support on Summoner's, and if I have the chance to kill the opponent and my ADC can't get them, I'm gonna try. Why? Because that's gold for both of us (assist and kill) and one less opponent to worry about so we can push.

Cenerae

01-21-2013

Unless you're absolutely certain the enemy can't get away and that your carry can finish the job, you should always try to kill your opponents off.

Sure, ideally the gold should go to the carry, but it's better for them to get assist gold than to not kill the enemy in the first place.

powwder

01-21-2013

as a support during a fight you should be spamming skills to do damage, heal, disrupt, peel, whatever. if you happen to kill, o well. people have problems with supports getting the kill since the adc will benefit better from the gold.

now that doesn;t mean try to get the kill. don;t save your skills until they are low and try to kill it like your smite stealing a baron or something, but in the end if you get the kill its still gold to your adc which is better than nothing.

Hidden Sanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Some people are silly. If you can serve up the kill to someone on your team who scales better with gold and will not waste; feed them the kill. If there's any chance that they'll get away or live long enough to kill someone on your team or anything like that. Keep harming them, if you get the kill it's slightly less ideal, but your team got the kill.

Buy that carry and Aura if they complain.

Carries love Auras.

Qsario

01-21-2013

Some carries just get a little bent out of shape if the support gets a kill. While you usually try to donate it to a carry, you should NOT just let someone get away if you can help it. Letting people get away does nothing whatsoever to help your team.

Also, flash-tower diving a Blitzcrank with Janna and living to tell about it is incredibly fun. Don't let them take your fun away.

Rylar D

01-21-2013

The only reasoning I could imagine for people not wanting a support to get a kill at all is because it makes that support be worth gold to the enemy team and it makes that enemy worth less gold when the carry does eventually get the kill. I'm not saying this is the best reasoning, but it might be what that person was thinking... unless they were just getting bent out of shape because they thought you KSed which I find to be much more likely.

BrAdLeY3x

01-21-2013

Support getting kills is better than keeping the enemy alive, first they have to for them to respawn (which is 12-58 seconds I believe), and then they have to walk ALL the way back to lane.

This makes them lose farm, and possibly, a tower or 2. So yeah..

TL;DR no.