How to carry ranked game in low elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DIXTROLL

01-21-2013

I've been seeing many people struggling to get out of low elo and that's fine because I was in that point for the longest point in my life. Although I'm only a silver rated player, I know enough to advise how to get out of low elo because I myself was there for the longest time ever. If you wanna carry ranked games, you wanna always try to go someone with late game potential. You could own early games with assassins like pantheon but in team fights, you have no ability to actually carry a whole bunch of noobs on your back. For example, a graves might own a vayne early game but late game, she'll be the one getting Pentakills so I wanna list the champions that I got out of elo hell with. By the way, if you try to get out of Elo hell in bot lane, you'll need a great team which y'all claim is the reason why you are stuck in low Elo. So I prefer not to go bot lane to "carry" your team

Top lane: Singed- He is by far the easiest person to get out of elo hell with. As long as you know how to play him, you might not do well in the laning phase but you should be a huge help to your team in team fights.
Malphite- Since he is always banned in low elo, he's not always going to be your pick but he will change a team fight in your advantage with his ult, damage, and tankiness.
Wukong- Not as good after low elo, but in low elo, he will reck in every single teamfight which is where he shines.

Mid lane: Ryze: He is a tanky AP, straight up good in teamfights with his autolock snare.
Morgana: She'll ult the whole team and the whole team is screwed with her stun if played correctly.
Orianna: Probably the hardest mid champion to play, if you want to carry, you have to become dedicated to know how to use her to burst down and use her in fights.

Jungler: Amumu: Straight up OP because the CC he offers with his ult and especially in low elo
Cho'Gath: He could also be played top lane but also good in the jungle, he's very tanky and offers alot of true damage and CC
Maokai: His ult and the way he's able to track down important targets makes him very useful late game.

There are alot of champions that I'm missing but these are the typical people you would want to carry with

Zaphery

01-21-2013

Hope Amumu doesn't get banned and play him.

As long as you do well, its a guaranteed win for you regardless of how badly your game began.

Proper use of his ulti will let you win every single team fight.

Hey Its Adam

01-21-2013

I am in this at the moment.. I like to top and jungle and It's hard for me to carry. Last game I had every kill on my team with first blood and 10 minute tower but the rest of the lanes fed, and the support had 100 cs. My first game had an afk, I had a feeder the 2nd. :S

Mich567

01-21-2013

You can't refer to them all as "noobs"... doing well yourself and carrying is not all there is to it. Stay positive, don't rage or insult teammates, admit your own mistakes and own up, give tips, report the idiots who do rage and/or are negative, and if you're not great, go back to normals... and never lose hope. NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER GIVE UP (half quoted Winston Churchill).
First of all, you can go bot lane if you duo with a good friend you know you can get out of elo hell with. Graves is decent, and he actually DOES have some carrying potential. Someone like Corki, Caitlyn, Draven, Ezreal, or Kog would be a good bot. My favorite supports are Soraka, Alistar and Nunu...
Ryze and Annie are great mids (450 ftw)... of course Morgana is great too. Orianna is incredibly difficult, but of course has incredible potential. For Top, I use Garen, as long as you're not countered (Teemo?)... Singed is a good choice, and so is Wukong... my friend is working his way up with Wukong. Malphite is always banned, but you can sometimes ask your banner or if you're banning... to not ban Malphite. Malphite is a great jungle too... Amumu is permabanned in low elo too, but it's the same situation with Malph where you can ask not to ban. Cho is decent, but can be countered easily... and I'm really not sure about Maokai.
Ultimately, I really believe in countering the other team, and also not being countered. Learn to swap and follow the first tips in the beginning of this reply... I'm still working my way out of the depths of elo hell... but I think these tips can help. You can always get out... as long as you play enough, you'll make it to the right elo.

Shloomp

01-21-2013

As the above poster stated: stay positive. Keep up the communication and don't give up. Determination, along with team work, goes a long way

Flyingturtlelol

01-21-2013

Also, don't be afraid to dodge a que or two. Sometimes, at the end of champion select, you notice something obvious (such as no ranged AD) wrong with your team, or something less obvious but still important (such as 0 hard cc). If you have the worst feeling that you have already lost in champion select, just dodge. No point getting angry about a loss that you saw coming and could have avoided.

Qdwczseax

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIXTROLL View Post
I've been seeing many people struggling to get out of low elo and that's fine because I was in that point for the longest point in my life. Although I'm only a silver rated player, I know enough to advise how to get out of low elo because I myself was there for the longest time ever. If you wanna carry ranked games, you wanna always try to go someone with late game potential. You could own early games with assassins like pantheon but in team fights, you have no ability to actually carry a whole bunch of noobs on your back. For example, a graves might own a vayne early game but late game, she'll be the one getting Pentakills so I wanna list the champions that I got out of elo hell with. By the way, if you try to get out of Elo hell in bot lane, you'll need a great team which y'all claim is the reason why you are stuck in low Elo. So I prefer not to go bot lane to "carry" your team

Top lane: Singed- He is by far the easiest person to get out of elo hell with. As long as you know how to play him, you might not do well in the laning phase but you should be a huge help to your team in team fights.
Malphite- Since he is always banned in low elo, he's not always going to be your pick but he will change a team fight in your advantage with his ult, damage, and tankiness.
Wukong- Not as good after low elo, but in low elo, he will reck in every single teamfight which is where he shines.

Mid lane: Ryze: He is a tanky AP, straight up good in teamfights with his autolock snare.
Morgana: She'll ult the whole team and the whole team is screwed with her stun if played correctly.
Orianna: Probably the hardest mid champion to play, if you want to carry, you have to become dedicated to know how to use her to burst down and use her in fights.

Jungler: Amumu: Straight up OP because the CC he offers with his ult and especially in low elo
Cho'Gath: He could also be played top lane but also good in the jungle, he's very tanky and offers alot of true damage and CC
Maokai: His ult and the way he's able to track down important targets makes him very useful late game.

There are alot of champions that I'm missing but these are the typical people you would want to carry with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whats low elo?

niCk x LoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

ive loved volibear jungle. ranked

Nawar

01-21-2013

You forgot the bit about buying wards.

Mid Is A Feeder

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Its Adam View Post
I am in this at the moment.. I like to top and jungle and It's hard for me to carry. Last game I had every kill on my team with first blood and 10 minute tower but the rest of the lanes fed, and the support had 100 cs. My first game had an afk, I had a feeder the 2nd. :S
Sounds like your starving your lanes.