Dear: Good Udyr Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greeneagle

10-21-2010

i have yet to see a udyr beat me. idk maybe its just me but i havent seen one yet..... beat him with teemo, rammus, pantheon, WW, xin, amumu, etc.

PervertedCrab

Recruiter

10-21-2010

When I play Udyr I always jungle and build tank. My build order is typically
Cloth+5 hp potions (got my half of the jungle)
boots+ward (important to keep an eye on dragon while you're busy ganking)
Madreds razor (you put a ward on the dragon so it's obviously still there, go kill it)
Merc treads
Heart of Gold (the sooner you get this the more it'll pay for itself)
After this it depends on the enemy team on whether I get more armor (work towards randiuns) or get some MR (working towards BV or FoN) or just pick up a Chain armor and Negatron cloak for cheap effective resistances.
After I get randiuns and either BV or FoN it's time to finish making madreds bloodrazor. If the game is still going on after you've gotten this far pick up elixers of agility and maybe fortitude (udyr can survive well enough without them) and think about picking up a Guardian angel and maybe a recurve bow (Gotta proc. madreds often).

As for skills I go phoenix, turtle, phoenix, bear. After that I prioritize phoenix, then turtle, almost always bear then tiger (will get tiger if there is a LOT of long range CC on our team or singed)

My runes are attack speed marks, dodge for seals and quints and MR/level for glyphs.

My Masteries are 0/16/13. In the defense tree I get nimbleness and veterans scars, while in the utility tree I get XP gain, mana regen, increased buff time and 1 free point to put into whatever you want, I don't get the smite mastery but instead get greed because over the course of a game I earn more from greed than the smite mastery because I use it less later on.

As far as summoner abilities go for Udyr it's ghost/smite no questions asked. Udyr is a chaser and a jungler with a side of tank and these are the best abilities to do that.

IS1f1d52ece4eba8be33817

10-21-2010

as marks, armor yellows, cdr/mr glyphs, quints hp/ms/as

1/16/13

go jungle, buy wards for team, gank, spam stuns and phoenix stance in teamfights

turtle stance+last hit minions for a while should be your way to regen instead of going back to fountain, youll save a lot of gold/xp this way

svartingr

10-21-2010

My main problem lately is that I seem to be falling behind mid game, and can't tank correctly at that point, because I'm squishy due to lack of experience and funding.

I try to gank, but I fall short, which could mean I'm not ganking correctly, my teammates don't follow, or a mix of both.

I have the jungle path down (I think.) I have to go back and heal once, though:

Golem -- Wolves -- Wraiths -- Two Golems -- Lizard.

Followed by dragon whenever the coast is clear.

I get the Razor, and Merc Treads almost always. Occasionally I'll upgrade to Wriggle's before going full-on tank.

The guide I read suggested M pen Reds, Dodge yellows, MP/5 blues, and health Quints which is what I have now.

I do the 1/16/13 thing, and pack Ghost/Smite.

shing0

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartingr View Post
My main problem lately is that I seem to be falling behind mid game, and can't tank correctly at that point, because I'm squishy due to lack of experience and funding.

I try to gank, but I fall short, which could mean I'm not ganking correctly, my teammates don't follow, or a mix of both.

I have the jungle path down (I think.) I have to go back and heal once, though:

Golem -- Wolves -- Wraiths -- Two Golems -- Lizard.

Followed by dragon whenever the coast is clear.

I get the Razor, and Merc Treads almost always. Occasionally I'll upgrade to Wriggle's before going full-on tank.

The guide I read suggested M pen Reds, Dodge yellows, MP/5 blues, and health Quints which is what I have now.

I do the 1/16/13 thing, and pack Ghost/Smite.
i think your runes are fine except you should take cooldown blues. since arpen runes got nerfed the mpen runes will be better for your pheonix. i always took mpen runes even before arpen got nerfed.

i think its all about assessing your enemy. i wouldnt get anything liek wriggles or madreds if your going full tank. you might want to get the razor to kill dragon early but thats all. thats if youre going full tank. if theres a tank already on your team i think wriggles is a good choice. dodge yellows also synergize with your passive.

what you have to remember is that if youre being focused do a hit and run as in.. initiate by going turtle and running into the enemy group then use bear to get out.

EDIT: btw, you might want to do lizard before you do the 2 golems. also... if you have to go back and heal before you finish your jungle youre doing something wrong. i can do my jungle and enemy jungle before going back to base.