No support Bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

The point is, the wording of your post made the ability to heal seem more powerful than it actually is...

Sure, a heal can be useful... but so can a stun, or knock up, or a shield to prevent the damage in the first place, or slow to prevent them from ever wanting to get that close because they won't be able to get away.

Bruisers aren't bad supports because they lack a heal.

Bruisers are bad supports because they lack utility, and their abilities scale better to gold than to levels.

Helter Kremlin

01-21-2013

I gave what the OP was asking for, how a non-support support should act.

And no matter the reason for why it could go bad, lack of heal, be it knock up, slow, silence, snare, stun, fear, pull, root or whatever, it could still go bad.

B1 GateKeeper

Senior Recruiter

01-21-2013

Lol @ the downvote of my post...

And most "supports" scale with gold.. Everyone's abilities do.. As an example, A fed -- with assists -- Sona vs a non fed sona... The fed Sona @ lvl 18 will have more gold.. which will equate to possibly more AP (depending how you build last levels of support) meaning a stronger heal.

PrfsrChaos

01-21-2013

When that happens for me, I kinda look at which champ can go longest without items, and which champ can farm easier when the mid game starts and the lanes start to break down.

Then you just really communicate. Like even if you're a "support" Cho, if you want to take on a bruiser role, he can farm up pretty quickly if you get a few waves to yourself.

Just communicate.

I Z Z I

01-21-2013

Take all the farm for yourself and carry.

LoneWolfBrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-21-2013

go against the mata

bige125

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Blitzcrank
Cho'gath
Fiddlesticks
Galio
Jarvan IV
Lulu
Lux
Maokai
Nunu
Orianna
Teemo

Zyra
Karma has a heal....

workthecorners

01-21-2013

Having a nonstandard support

Pros
lane becomes a kill lane
can snowball out of control
can keep opponents off guard cus they arnt used to being vs a j4 or dar

Cons
If you fall behind (barring bad opponed play or your jungler does good gank)
you cant keep up anymore the standard support e.g. taric is too tanky and is healing his adc who is also doing toomuch damage whenver you get close

i think darius is exempt to this one and i will explain later but after the laning phase is over your team still has no heals for teamfights and hopfully your "unstandard support" built like a support (gp10 items, agis, shurelias (spelling) etc etc. or they will be under fed and if they did build like that then they are not maxing their potential

Darius i belive is exempt because of his ult it takes one teamfight where he ultkills 2 opponents and hes back on the map money wise

just my thougths

it can work but its more like 100% win or 100% lose where with standard supports who have interupt spells shields speed buffs slows stuns and heals you can lose your lane but it would be something like 60% other team and 40% your team....yes you lost but you can catch up later