Bandle City Embassy of Demacia (Ask Poppy, Again)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Pöppy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan
((O.o''

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I....wha?))
{{ The jerky is stronger in he than ye. }}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Gragas
Quote snipped because bacon.
Poppy, in her residence in Demacia, rose from her bed covered in cold sweat. Ever since she was struck directly with Gragas's exploding cask three days ago in a League match, the Iron Ambassador had accidentally swallowed the terrible concoction within it. Due to this, her dreams crossed the line of "surreal" twice, and she occasionally felt terrible during the day with dizzy spells and a hangover-like feeling. She left her bedroom, washed her face, then went back to sleep.

Poppy was rather disappointed that the crate of jerky wasn't with her anymore, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan
"I am many things, but stupid is not one of them. I wouldn't dream of entering Noxus to question it. I will stick to badgering those who would seek harm to Noxus's status or to talk to their ambassador in the League, who will lie to my face.

Zaunites have already approached me to give them access. I have done my best to politely turn down those who seemed a bit invasive for my tastes, which has been all of them, but some have expressed disappointment or worse. They are being actively hunted.

Piltoverians that I find agreeable, I have allowed conference with Skarner, who will see their worth before being allowed in. If they get an all clear from my master, then they will not be skinned and flayed when found.

As for Demacia, let's just say, I am a strong believer in that ANYTHING is possible. It is better to be prepared for the worst, yes?"
"Well spoken."

Although her comment was sincere, Poppy was visibly disinterested in discussing those particular opinions. The Iron Ambassador decided that if even if she responded to his thoughts, such things wouldn't have much true value to Geokhan.

Not to mention she was still on the clock.

"Your handling of this matter seems sound to me. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Geokhan thought for a moment.

"No, thank you. Honor and peace to you, Iron Ambassador."

Geokhan goes and replaces his gloves onto his hands, but when he finishes, he sighs to himself and turns back to Poppy.

"Actually, I have a question. Just personal curiosity, but is your forge still burning, or has it remained dark for all of these years? As a dabbler in the art myself, I would be interested to see some of the crafts the master yordle blacksmiths make, and it is told that you were one of the best."

Wizerdlol

01-24-2013

((Hehe, never knew u were that strict Tji :P))

The yordle looked at Poppy blankly, before sighing as he stretched his legs.

I guess I can count that as an "I'm Fine", Poppy. How is demacia, it's people still as snotty as usual?

Dear Pöppy

01-25-2013

{{ ......... <_< ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Geokhan thought for a moment.

"No, thank you. Honor and peace to you, Iron Ambassador."

Geokhan goes and replaces his gloves onto his hands, but when he finishes, he sighs to himself and turns back to Poppy.

"Actually, I have a question. Just personal curiosity, but is your forge still burning, or has it remained dark for all of these years? As a dabbler in the art myself, I would be interested to see some of the crafts the master yordle blacksmiths make, and it is told that you were one of the best."
"Go in peace," came her immediate response to Geokhan's farewell, but he turned back to the Iron Ambassador. A question about if she still practiced blacksmithy?

"What I wouldn't give to hold Whomper over a forge again," sighed Poppy, immediately remembering flickering images of times long-passed. "From the first moment I set foot in Demacia, I had less and less opportunities to light up a forge - and after I joined the League of Legends, I've never held Whomper outside of... disputes."

Whether Poppy was talking about the League of Legends or some outside event that made her hammer away at someone remained shrouded in ambiguity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizerdlol
The yordle looked at Poppy blankly, before sighing as he stretched his legs.

I guess I can count that as an "I'm Fine", Poppy. How is demacia, it's people still as snotty as usual?
The Embassy was within the walls of Demacia; by Poppy's logic, surely he had to have crossed paths with at least one person before barging in. Still, Poppy gives her answer - and question - before looking back at her work.

"The people of Demacia are as resolute in their beliefs as they always were. Tell me, what brings you here on such short notice?"

Tjihyana

01-25-2013

((... Why is he saying I'm strict? ._. ))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
{{ ......... <_< ))

"Go in peace," came her immediate response to Geokhan's farewell, but he turned back to the Iron Ambassador. A question about if she still practiced blacksmithy?

"What I wouldn't give to hold Whomper over a forge again," sighed Poppy, immediately remembering flickering images of times long-passed. "From the very moment I first set foot in Demacia, I found fewer opportunities to light up a forge - once I joined the League of Legends, I've never wielded Whomper outside of... disputes."

Whether Poppy was talking about the League of Legends or some outside event that made her hammer away at someone remained shrouded in ambiguity.

"I hope to never be a part of those disputes. While most Demacians do appear to have a stick up their ass, they are a good people, as are the yordles. It is my hope that one day we can ALL quit our jobs at the League with clear conscience and go do the things we love....well...I would not wish the same for the psycho's, but you get what I mean. Let us hope for that day when Whomper shapes metal instead of breaking it. Thank you again for your help. I owe you one. Knowledge with power."

Geokhan draws his hood low over his head, again hiding his facial features and returns down to the front doors, retrieving his weapon, and then leaving, pondering what the yordle would ask of him later, if she did.

Dear Pöppy

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjihyana
((... Why is he saying I'm strict? ._. ))
{{ I'm the only one being strict on me ;_; You're cool, really. Also, I just made minor edits to my last few posts (adjustments to word choices in speech only) because I made Poppy sound like a textbook instead of a person - I didn't like that. }}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan, the Lord of Darkness
"I hope to never be a part of those disputes. While most Demacians do appear to have a stick up their ass, they are a good people, as are the yordles. It is my hope that one day we can ALL quit our jobs at the League with clear conscience and go do the things we love....well...I would not wish the same for the psycho's, but you get what I mean. Let us hope for that day when Whomper shapes metal instead of breaking it. Thank you again for your help. I owe you one. Knowledge with power."

Geokhan draws his hood low over his head, again hiding his facial features and returns down to the front doors, retrieving his weapon, and then leaving, pondering what the yordle would ask of him later, if she did.
Geokhan would have heard "They're the same!" from Poppy as he left.

"I wonder what other questions I'll need to answer in the future?"

With that, she returns to her office. The day isn't over yet....

Wizerdlol

01-25-2013

The yordle smirked at Poppy's responce, though it remained hidden under his cloak. He looked around the room, looking at the difference in style demacia has in contrast to the ones in bandlw city... Though it wasn't like he lived in bandle city anyway.

C'mon Poppy, can't I visit a fellow yordle without asking for permission? He chuckled to himself, but the blue pixie on his head merely glanced at Poppy. I thought that since you been away for some time, you might want to see a famaliar face!

Wiz stood up and stretched, and walked over to the back of the room, his side facing Poppy. He kept silent for a moment, before speaking again. Must be nice... Being an ambassador...

Geokhan

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
-snip-

((Sorry...Lord of darkness? Puh-lease. I'm Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance, Mistress of Magma, King of the world, and mayor of a little village up the coast.))

Dear Pöppy

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
((Sorry...Lord of darkness? Puh-lease. I'm Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance, Mistress of Magma, King of the world, and mayor of a little village up the coast.))
{{ Sure thing, Dick. ;p I still remember what everyone called you when you were shrunk small enough to ride a hare.... }}

Quote:
The yordle smirked at Poppy's responce, though it remained hidden under his cloak. He looked around the room, looking at the difference in style demacia has in contrast to the ones in bandlw city... Though it wasn't like he lived in bandle city anyway.

C'mon Poppy, can't I visit a fellow yordle without asking for permission? He chuckled to himself, but the blue pixie on his head merely glanced at Poppy. I thought that since you been away for some time, you might want to see a famaliar face!

Wiz stood up and stretched, and walked over to the back of the room, his side facing Poppy. He kept silent for a moment, before speaking again. Must be nice... Being an ambassador...
{{ Can't really dig up every single forum post related to past Poppy in the history of the world, so I'm kinda trying to veer away from established relationships. I hope ya'll can understand~ }}

"I guess that's true."

Poppy sighed. She'd been doing that a lot, lately. "Still, you should probably not just barge in like that... my staff usually turns away anyone who tries to visit me without an appointment." It was true that Poppy should ease up on Wiz, of that she admitted. As Wiz stood up, this change of heart would be fairly simple to notice from her tone. "In any case, you're here and I'm here. You can sit back down."

"Nice, huh," began Poppy's response to the yordle visitor's idle statement. "An ambassador's task demands travel, so--" a giant spider scratches at Poppy's window-- "it's rather stressful to travel both sides of the Great Barrier on a regular basis--" the Iron Ambassador opens the window and takes a note from what looks like one of Elise's spiderlings, then strokes it softly with her left gauntlet before letting it inside the office for a moment-- "but I represent the voice of Bandle City to Demacia. I wouldn't go as far as saying my job is a joy-ride, but I'm happy with my work."

Poppy quickly took a quill and wrote something on a scroll. When she was finished, she tied it to the spiderling.

"Good luck, little one. You'll need it...." Poppy sets the spiderling back at her windowsill. As it scuttles off, she closes the window again.