Bandle City Embassy of Demacia (Ask Poppy, Again)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

The summoner's hand twitched a bit, but he drew the blade and handed it over.

"You should know that blade is but one of the many tools a summoner like myself can use to cause death. Taking it won't do you much good if I meant harm to this embassy. You would be wise to invest in some anti-magical barriers or an aura of silence. You have my word that I want no violence today. Am I now cleared for entry?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Pöppy

Junior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
The summoner's hand twitched a bit, but he drew the blade and handed it over.

"You should know that blade is but one of the many tools a summoner like myself can use to cause death. Taking it won't do you much good if I meant harm to this embassy. You would be wise to invest in some anti-magical barriers or an aura of silence. You have my word that I want no violence today. Am I now cleared for entry?"
The guard with the matchlock pistol sighed as he accepted the blade. "...We know as well as any what you summoners can do to people," he explained. "Again, this is just standard procedure - rules are rules. As for magic, there's plenty o' skilled sorcerers in the guard. Anybody trying to work magic would end up triggering a Circle of Silence - that's why you couldn't sense it right off the bat, 'cause it doesn't do anything until a spellcast makes it happen."

With that, the guards let him through. After Geokhan signed in at the front desk, he'd find that locating the room he was directed to was very easy - there were signs everywhere, and the receptionist would recognize the name from Poppy's appointment list and give concise directions.

He would find Poppy, still wearing full armor with Whomper and her shield hung behind her on the wall, sitting alone at the end of 2F-H1. The room had little more than a large table surrounded by chairs, like any other meeting room. When, or if, he arrived....

"Good evening, Summoner," Poppy would greet. "Is there any reason why you've kept your hood up until now?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tjihyana

Senior Member

01-23-2013

((Umm... one last thing before I go back to lurking. If you ever feel like getting a second opinion or are not sure about something you're about to post, feel free to add me on client, I'll try and help if I can *Enters lurker mode*))


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
The guard with the matchlock pistol sighed as he accepted the blade. "...We know as well as any what you summoners can do to people," he explained. "Again, this is just standard procedure - rules are rules. As for magic, there's plenty o' skilled sorcerers in the guard. Anybody trying to work magic would end up triggering a Circle of Silence - that's why you couldn't sense it right off the bat, 'cause it doesn't do anything until a spellcast makes it happen."

With that, the guards let him through. After Geokhan signed in at the front desk, he'd find that locating the room he was directed to was very easy - there were signs everywhere, and the receptionist would recognize the name from Poppy's appointment list and give concise directions.

He would find Poppy, still wearing full armor with Whomper and her shield hung behind her on the wall, sitting alone at the end of 2F-H1. The room had little more than a large table surrounded by chairs, like any other meeting room. When, or if, he arrived....

"Good evening, Summoner," Poppy would greet. "Is there any reason why you've kept your hood up until now?"
Geokhan wasted no time. He signed in and followed the signs. Time was important to him and he knew Poppy was quite busy (more so than himself, he would admit) and she had agreed to see him. He knocked twice on the door and entered the room, feeling the door unseal and seal as he opened and closed it.

"Good evening, Ambassador." Geokhan wasn't surprised to see Poppy armed and he quickly scanned the room. Satisfied that they were alone, he visibly relaxed a bit and approached the ambassador. Suddenly, Geokhan felt a bit concerned his size would intimidate Poppy, as he was a good foot and a half taller than she was.

'Then again, this is Poppy. She punches Cho'Gath almost on a daily basis. I'm hardly a frightful image in comparison.' Geokhan thought.

Geokhan lowered his hood and removed his gloves, revealing himself to be entirely made of crystal. He places his gloves on the table and, suddenly noting the state of his glasses in the light, removes his glasses to wipe them clean with his robe.

'Great job, Geo. Way to be a slob. You're SUPPOSED to make an impression, but not that of a dingy summoner. Next time, you're going to pack a handkerchief and wipe your glasses BEFORE entering the bleeding office of an ambassador.'


Geokhan smiles a bit meekly at his rather...undignified cleaning of his glasses and quickly replaced them on his face. He put his hands behind his back and spoke in as official a way as he knew.

"I apologize for what very well appears as me trying to make an ominous entrance. My hood is up because of my condition. A lot of people mistake me for a demon or a magical construct gone wild. Sometimes, they even think I'm contagious. It is simply less trouble when I am out and about to hide my crystal body. You have read the file, correct? You know what I am?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Pöppy

Junior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Quote expunged to reduce the length of this post.
{{ I'm running on information taken from your fiction. If I'm inconsistent, lemme know. }}

Poppy didn't show any visible concern for the state of Geokhan's glasses or the act of cleaning them, paying more attention to his physical state. Poppy, on some level, understood what this human went through in order to become what she sees in front of him now. She had read through some information regarding "Geokhan of the Brackern," and found some very unflattering statements regarding his conduct.

"... I know what you are, summoner... or perhaps ambassador here?" Poppy asked in a manner that did not desire an answer.

"Let's hear it, Geokhan of the Brackern. What brings you to the Embassy?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
{{ I'm running on information taken from your fiction. If I'm inconsistent, lemme know. }}

Poppy didn't show any visible concern for the state of Geokhan's glasses or the act of cleaning them, paying more attention to his physical state. Poppy, on some level, understood what this human went through in order to become what she sees in front of him now. She had read through some information regarding "Geokhan of the Brackern," and found some very unflattering statements regarding his conduct.

"... I know what you are, summoner... or perhaps ambassador here?" Poppy asked in a manner that did not desire an answer.

"Let's hear it, Geokhan of the Brackern. What brings you to the Embassy?"
Geokhan looked straight ahead for a moment. Poppy could easily read that Geokhan was pondering how exactly to word his request. After a moment, he looked back towards Poppy.

"You can understand I am opposed to any operation in Kalamanda that Skarner himself clears, but I can understand wanting to be informed of what lies buried there. Hence, my suspicion that someone is up to something. That is all I have. A gut feeling that someone is watching Kalamanda too closely. So, I am here to ask what you know of Kalamanda and what you can tell me about Demacian or Noxian operations in the area. I will be asking something similar of the Piltoverians and Zaunites, but I would expect a straighter answer from you than even the Piltoverians. The Zaunites I know will lie to my face, as would any Noxian who valued his head, but the Piltoverians and Demacians are iffy. You have a reputation for bluntness. On and off the fields, if you'll excuse the pun. I expect you to tell me, if nothing else, that you can say nothing about it."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Pöppy

Junior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Geokhan looked straight ahead for a moment. Poppy could easily read that Geokhan was pondering how exactly to word his request. After a moment, he looked back towards Poppy.

"You can understand I am opposed to any operation in Kalamanda that Skarner himself clears, but I can understand wanting to be informed of what lies buried there. Hence, my suspicion that someone is up to something. That is all I have. A gut feeling that someone is watching Kalamanda too closely. So, I am here to ask what you know of Kalamanda and what you can tell me about Demacian or Noxian operations in the area. I will be asking something similar of the Piltoverians and Zaunites, but I would expect a straighter answer from you than even the Piltoverians. The Zaunites I know will lie to my face, as would any Noxian who valued his head, but the Piltoverians and Demacians are iffy. You have a reputation for bluntness. On and off the fields, if you'll excuse the pun. I expect you to tell me, if nothing else, that you can say nothing about it."
"Hmm."

An interesting question, but Poppy wasn't sure that her knowledge would be worth much. She was an ambassador between Bandle City and Demacia... not a Demacian military officer. However....

"I'm not supposed to talk about anything too delicate if Demacia were up to something... but I'm sure they aren't."

The Iron Ambassador sighed. "I have no real access to information on classified Demacian operations, but I'll tell you this: Demacia wouldn't try anything funny after the Crystal Scar incident," she explained. "Whatever benefits could be reaped are outweighed by the risks that renewed competition would bring, not to mention what trouble there could be for the region. Demacia has better ethics than to make another scene in Kalamanda over research and mining, and I'd fear for your life if you tried talking of this within Noxus."

"As for Zaun and Piltover?... That wouldn't surprise me. Both are city-states of progress, and the Arachia would definitely catch their attention. Zaun is very... proactive, so if something fishy were being planned, they would hold the key to it one way or the other."

The yordle stood up for a moment, stretched, then sat back down. "All I can suggest is to stay vigilant. If you find any evidence of a scheme, you should take it to the Institute of War."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
"Hmm."

An interesting question, but Poppy wasn't sure that her knowledge would be worth much. She was an ambassador between Bandle City and Demacia... not a Demacian military officer. However....

"I'm not supposed to talk about anything too delicate if Demacia were up to something... but I'm sure they aren't."

The Iron Ambassador sighed. "I have no real access to information on classified Demacian operations, but I'll tell you this: Demacia wouldn't try anything funny after the Crystal Scar incident," she explained. "Whatever benefits could be reaped are outweighed by the risks that renewed competition would bring, not to mention what trouble there could be for the region. Demacia has better ethics than to make another scene in Kalamanda over research and mining, and I'd fear for your life if you tried talking of this within Noxus."

"As for Zaun and Piltover?... That wouldn't surprise me. Both are city-states of progress, and the Arachia would definitely catch their attention. Zaun is very... proactive, so if something fishy were being planned, they would hold the key to it one way or the other."

The yordle stood up for a moment, stretched, then sat back down. "All I can suggest is to stay vigilant. If you find any evidence of a scheme, you should take it to the Institute of War."
"I am many things, but stupid is not one of them. I wouldn't dream of entering Noxus to question it. I will stick to badgering those who would seek harm to Noxus's status or to talk to their ambassador in the League, who will lie to my face.

Zaunites have already approached me to give them access. I have done my best to politely turn down those who seemed a bit invasive for my tastes, which has been all of them, but some have expressed disappointment or worse. They are being actively hunted.

Piltoverians that I find agreeable, I have allowed conference with Skarner, who will see their worth before being allowed in. If they get an all clear from my master, then they will not be skinned and flayed when found.

As for Demacia, let's just say, I am a strong believer in that ANYTHING is possible. It is better to be prepared for the worst, yes?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Gragas

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Pöppy View Post
QUOTE RE-RAEPED FOR SAFETY REASONS BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHY l DID IT? BECAUSE **** YOU, THAT'S WHY.

Now, with the overly manly hunk of meat knowing that this **** is not going to go down because Moopy is just as manly as he is, he turns around to the overly manly door, which is now made entirely of bacon, now the Gimlibustydoodlehoofawomen women take out their floor MAN TOM DRUMS, and start drumming...

THEY SING


FROM THE DAY WE KILL THE FIRST JERKY
TO THE DAY WE FIND THE MANLIEST MAN

Losing patience because ****ing license and copyright bull**** happened, the overly manly hunk of meat kicks all of their women, and he walks through the wall next to Bacondoor, because **** doors, break walls. And then all of Moopy's mages and **** bow, kneel, and bend over for their mighty manking, Mangragas! The overly godly manly sexy moopy horny attractive hot hunk of meat drums n his belleh, making shockwaves, and all the ****ing bass this ****hole universe can gather.

BOOM
BOOM
BOOM
WUBWUBWUBWUB


And now Moopy is left with a crate of jerky, his normal office, and a ****ING CRATE OF SPICY ASS BACON JERKY MADE OF TRINIDAD SCORPION BUCH T AND BACON. And the manly hunk of meat has disappeared for more of his manventures, to convert KIDS into WOMEN and WOMEN into MEN and MEN into MANLY MEN and MANLY MEN into MANLY HUNKS OF MEAT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Gragas View Post
-snipped to save space for more manly ****.-

((O.o''

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I....wha?))