Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

People Who Plays Support Should Be Rewarded

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BebexAntho

01-21-2013

What do you guys think?, I believe support is an important role and it's always over look when I’m playing in ranks range from 1100-1500 elo I believe riot should do something about it and encourage people to play more support.

Zaphery

01-21-2013

I don't think people should be given an incentive to play a particular role, because what if they might be really bad. I don't know about you, but I dislike a bad support.

For me, I like playing a support because of certain champions with strong initiations like Leona, Blitzcrank, and possibly Thresh. Maybe they could implement more champions that have different support mechanics (Kinda like Thresh's Lantern)?

On a side note if they make a support with Earthshaker's fissure, people are going to cry OP

pineluv

01-21-2013

Quote:
Zaphery:
I don't think people should be given an incentive to play a particular role, because what if they might be really bad. I don't know about you, but I dislike a bad support.

For me, I like playing a support because of certain champions with strong initiations like Leona, Blitzcrank, and possibly Thresh. Maybe they could implement more champions that have different support mechanics (Kinda like Thresh's Lantern)?

On a side note if they make a support with Earthshaker's fissure, people are going to cry OP

the only reason people suck at support, and boy can they suck, is because they don't play it.

i'd rather someone plays it, sucks for 10 games, then gets good at it forever as opposed to just never doing it then complaining about no wards when they died 6 times and the enemy team is roaming.

BebexAntho

01-21-2013

Yeah but if you play rank you don't see allot of people want to support and none of them know what they are doing and just pick it because they have to not because they want to

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

No.

Shallow Cubes

01-21-2013

Quote:
Wiltsee:
the only reason people suck at support, and boy can they suck, is because they don't play it.

i'd rather someone plays it, sucks for 10 games, then gets good at it forever as opposed to just never doing it then complaining about no wards when they died 6 times and the enemy team is roaming.

I am not disagreeing with you, by any means, Wiltsee. I think a big issue that arises in this community is the fact that people don't like to play support, so they have no idea (or have no appreciation for) what a good support looks like. I have seen good support players get thrown under the bus while sub-par support players get tons of praise (ha) simply because the ADC does a good job at picking up kills or the team wins.

I really do believe that if you want to enhance your own game play, you should understand each role. Especially if you like going ADC, it helps immensely to understand the mechanics, CDs, and capabilities of whichever champion is supporting you.

You have no idea how aggravating it can be when my ADC types "heal" in chat about 5 seconds after I have healed them when it's still early game, the CD is still somewhere around 16 seconds, and I am aware of what I must do.

BebexAntho

01-21-2013

I would agree with you as well, Support is always under looked and people don't realize how hard it is sometimes to play support is just as hard as any other roles

a sad loli

01-21-2013

No one really likes playing support because it's the second hardest role in the game. (Next to jungle, imo)
Also, you don't get kills and you don't get much visual "reward" from supporting.

If people are getting pidgeonholed into supporting and they're really bad at it, you're just at a ****ty ELO my friend, and I'm sorry about that.
I really hate AD's who don't understand what I'm doing for them. I actually try to avoid supporting ****ty AD's because it really bothers me when I'm making plays and they're off killing a minion or something stupid.
A lot of people who play AD in lower ELOs and in normals are ****ing horrible, selfish players. Which explains why no one wants to play the role, too.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT I GOT KILLED WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL/SHIELD/whatever ME WAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Once people start getting better attitudes I will start supporting more regularly, I don't need some sort of reward. I just don't want to be *****ed at because of all the mistakes YOU make.

/rant

Kuatsu742

01-22-2013

I mostly play support. I just like that feeling when you shield your ADC at just the right moment, or get that perfect ult off that gets the team the win (i main janna). That, plus that huge assist number are enough for me.

Also when the enemy runs in fear from my whirlwind it makes me chuckle...especially if it hits them anyways

SupportOrWillAFK

01-22-2013

To be fair, its never the whirlwind that people run from. It's the people chasing on the heels of said whirlwind.