"we lose bcuz u aren't tanky, malphite"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Malphite doesn't need to stay alive to cause havoc for the opponent's ADC when the ADC is destroyed in three hits. That's the entire point behind AD Malphite.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26423207#history

Find the 12/5 Malphite game (while it's still in my match history). With that build, MF quit existing when I said she did. She was dead before she hit the ground from my ult. Even with a Warmogs, she'd have been hard pressed to survive three 1.2k damage crits in the span of maybe 2 seconds.
and you are still wrong..

Gimmick builds work sometimes. That is why its a gimmick build...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
C) You can't do that with Tryndamere or even Jax.
You can't argue with someone that doesn't know what they're talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
You can't argue with someone that doesn't know what they're talking about.
You can't ult into a teamfight, knock someone up, and have killed them before they hit the ground with Jax or Tryndamere. It's technically impossible because both Jax and Trynd don't even have knockups. I know very much what I'm talking about and I play Jax fairly regularly. Malphite's ability to instagib a squishy with a SOTD, IE, and BT is greater than that of Jax's, but Jax remains much more useful throughout the rest of the teamfight and has more consistent DPS. He's probably even more tanky due to his ultimate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunTzusTeachings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
You forget that Malphite scales 40% with AD too. If I wanted someone to quit existing, they did. I won my lane very hard.

I wasn't finished with a single item before Mundo built a Warmogs. He was 4-1 when I was, which was pretty early. Also, for what it's worth, I survived most of the teamfights.

I wasn't justifying building damage at all. I walked into the game with the intent of building AD Malphite. I also DID initiate the fights unless someone on our team was caught. MF never got a single ultimate off. I didn't wait until the end of the fight to go in.
Ashe's ulti scales off 100% ap, let me build ap to inst kill or damage their adc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lastbreathe View Post
Ashe's ulti scales off 100% ap, let me build ap to inst kill or damage their adc.
Except for the part where Malphite can deliver a 3000 damage burst in less than two seconds with a SOTD, BT, and IE, whereas Ashe with AP is just a joke.

Let's not forget that when you build AD, you also have a 1:1 ratio ability called an autoattack that you can use regardless of cooldowns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunTzusTeachings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Except for the part where Malphite can deliver a 3000 damage burst in less than two seconds with a SOTD, BT, and IE, whereas Ashe with AP is just a joke.

Let's not forget that when you build AD, you also have a 1:1 ratio ability called an autoattack that you can use regardless of cooldowns.
Lets not also forget that once you are in the middle of everyone, you will be targeted and bursted down, you will be cced to death unless you have insane attack speed that is fast enough to dodge stuns, and the fact that there is ARMOR in game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
You can't ult into a teamfight, knock someone up, and have killed them before they hit the ground with Jax or Tryndamere. It's technically impossible because both Jax and Trynd don't even have knockups. I know very much what I'm talking about and I play Jax fairly regularly. Malphite's ability to instagib a squishy with a SOTD, IE, and BT is greater than that of Jax's, but Jax remains much more useful throughout the rest of the teamfight and has more consistent DPS. He's probably even more tanky due to his ultimate.
There is no difference between a stun and a knockup. It's purely a graphic difference. Mechanically, they're identical.

Malphite has a 1.5 second knock up.
Jax has a 1 second stun.


Jax can kill the ADC before the stun wears off (and if not, immediately after--certainly within the 1.5 second window you're giving Malphite).

And what's more, Jax will have 3 more killed before Malphite manages his double kill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunTzusTeachings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Also note that you will do more damage if you build tanky than just damage, your auto attacks along with your abilities and maybe sunfire will slowly add up the damage. You will also benefit the team by slowing down their attack speed, movement speed, and possible take burst damage for your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipawolfe

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lastbreathe View Post
Lets not also forget that once you are in the middle of everyone, you will be targeted and bursted down, you will be cced to death unless you have insane attack speed that is fast enough to dodge stuns, and the fact that there is ARMOR in game.
Did you read the thread? I'm not talking general gameplay. I'm talking about this one game, not the viability of AD Malphite across every game.

Insane attack speed? Check, Sword of the Divine.
CCed to death? Negative. They never reserved CC for me and instead let MF die. Their Taric was with the Xin and Mundo more often than he was peeling for his carry.
Armor? If she had built armor to stop me, it would have made her delay her build. Sounds like success to me when you dictate where the opponents gold is going.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
CCed to death? Negative. They never reserved CC for me and instead let MF die. Their Taric was with the Xin and Mundo more often than he was peeling for his carry.
Armor? If she had built armor to stop me, it would have made her delay her build. Sounds like success to me when you dictate where the opponents gold is going.
So your strategy works every time the enemy team plays bad? This is what we call a bad strategy.