Why doesn't Twin Shadows work on stealth...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoresRaptor View Post
1 item counter all stealth champ? no thx

better buff rengar
inb4 it's on a 120 second cooldown (longer than most ultimates), it is hindered by terrain, and it's much less cost-efficient than Oracle's Elixir.

3mptylord

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
inb4 it's on a 120 second cooldown (longer than most ultimates), it is hindered by terrain, and it's much less cost-efficient than Oracle's Elixir.
Exactly.

I'd use the same argument for adding Hextech Sweeper and The Lightbringer.

Emma Retodd

02-26-2013

I'm really interested to see this take place; I think that it could really change how much counterplay there is to stealth besides the generic "buy pink wards and oracles"

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2013

just had a game with someone using it to try and detect a twitch. apparently it does sorta work but it won't give vision of the champion it'll just hover over their location until they go unstealthed then it'll attach onto them. It also gives vision on them after they've stealthed if u used it prior.

Kholdstare13

02-26-2013

I'd be ok with them chasing stealth, but not revealing. A keen eye will let you know where to pop your grez/sweeper. Also it would be nice to stop a fleeing akali while you wait for her to fade back in.

Dragoon14th

02-26-2013

this item is great on sona i dunno what yall are talking about i place ghoul i use speed 3 time slow and then i exhaust my adc/apc just goes on rampage killing who ever was unfortunate to meet the ghoul. oh and this item says hi blitzcrank trying to run i see

3mptylord

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon14th View Post
this item is great on sona i dunno what yall are talking about i place ghoul i use speed 3 time slow and then i exhaust my adc/apc just goes on rampage killing who ever was unfortunate to meet the ghoul. oh and this item says hi blitzcrank trying to run i see
No-one is complaining about Twin Shadows generally - it is perhaps one of my more common purchases (on mids, as well as supports). This is a request for ADDITIONAL functionality - or rather, that it does what the user thinks it should .

JustMyBassCannon

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon14th View Post
The problem isn't the usability, but rather the cost and cooldown for an effect that doesn't do what it says it does.

40 AP, 40 MR and 5% MS are pretty freaking low stats for a legendary item, and it has an active with a massive CD.

Dark Kuno

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khobahi View Post
From what i have seen it works on eve though (who is the main person i buy it against)
The Ghost's vision is based on that of the item owner. It would work if the stealthed target is near a pink ward or an allie with oracles.

It works on Eve because of her specific stealth mechanics. Once the ghosts get within her visibility radius they can see her.

Ironically I've started actually building this on Eve (at least on Aram)

3mptylord

02-28-2013

Not true. If you have Oracles, the ghost doesn't gain Oracles. It can target a revealed champion (such as Evelynn standing next to a pink ward), but the ghost will not be able to see them once they are stealthed. Evelynn is a special case because being hit by the ghoul will break her stealth - just like standing on Zyra's seeds (despite neither dealing damage). Evelynn isn't "revealed" when hit by the ghoul - she just isn't stealthed any more. A revealed champion is still semi-transparent.