Why doesn't Twin Shadows work on stealth...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

01-21-2013

... when it seems like that is a very logical use of the item?

I honestly didn't even notice until my support yesterday bought it against a Twitch, and it didn't work.

• If he was stealted already, the ghost would target the next nearby champion (completely ignoring him).
  • If he stealths while its chasing him, the ghost will get confused and just stop the moment it reaches his last known location.
  • If it hits him while stealthed (regardless of whether or not he was the target), he will become slowed and it will show his position once he becomes visible (if the duration is long enough) - but he remains stealthed.
  • If he enters stealth while revealed, he remains slowed but you lose sight of him (easiest to reproduce on Shaco).

I think that Twin Shadows would do well to (A) have the ghouls be able to detect invisible champions, target them and chase them, and (B) grant true sight of whomever it hits (so if it hits a stealth champion, you can see them).

P.S. As an extra, can the ghouls have the following logic added "An enemy champion can only be hit by a single ghoul." I'm fine with having the ability to intercept the ghouls - but you shouldn't be able to block both.

Emma Retodd

01-21-2013

That's actually not unreasonable. I would agree with that, since the idea is that it finds the two NEAREST enemy champions.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I've always asked the same question of Talon's bleed, but that's not fully relevant other than being a reveal.

But yeah, Twin Shadows should work on stealth champs. It's odd to have a short-range scouting item, and while the slow is nice, usually both the ghosts hit the same target negating half the effect anyway.

ROOOOOAST

01-21-2013

Idk, I use this item as like a shurelya, (inversed tho) so dont see the point of detecting stealth, but why not, i guess.

Khobahi

01-22-2013

From what i have seen it works on eve though (who is the main person i buy it against)

3mptylord

01-22-2013

It shouldn't work on Evelynn.

Actually, scratch that. With Evelynn, being hit by the ghoul will *break* her stealth (it doesn't reveal her while she's stealthed, it actually removes her stealth). There is a difference. If Twitch walks into a ghoul, he will still hit it but he won't be revealed. This is because Evelynn's stealth is broken whenever she is hit with an ability - including things like Zyra's seeds and Elise's Cocoon (which don't grant true sight if they hit any other stealth champion).

However, the ghouls will not *chase* Evelynn. They will only hit Evelynn if she intercepts them while they are chasing someone else.

Thubgar

01-26-2013

infinite oracles? how is that balanced?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
infinite oracles? how is that balanced?
On a 120 second cooldown, with a limited range that's affected by terrain as well as a short duration on an AP/MR item?

UniquelyPerfect

01-27-2013

Yeah it should be able to work on stealth. That would give it high utility that it kinda lacks atm.

3mptylord

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
On a 120 second cooldown, with a limited range that's affected by terrain as well as a short duration on an AP/MR item?
I'm honestly surprised that Hextech Sweeper and Soullight Lantern aren't in Summoner's Rift. It adds an element of "skill" to Oracles, since it's an 8 seconds CV basically.