Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RIOT Purple side needs to get camera rotated...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneAlmond

02-05-2013

Depending on how they built the 3d camera, it would range from changing 4 numbers in a method call to impossible.

dada38

02-10-2013

To be honest here, flipping the map perspective would take at least 7 months of work. Mirroring data sent by the blue team would also lead to several bugs that would take 7 more months to fix. The camera lock on purple team should place the champion at a slightly lower spot, and there should be an option to invert the HUD, from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen, and that would fix it all in much less time.

Lemonilla

02-10-2013

You guys really don't code do you? It would probably entitle at least 6-12 months to get the alpha out... It truly isn't worth it.

Gamer43

02-10-2013

The developers of Vorp! (http://www.kongregate.com/games/ENDGamesLLC/vorp?acomplete=vorp) did it in a week.

Riot Games has much more at it's disposal, how hard can it be?

In terms of mirroring graphic, movement, projectile, etc. data, Vorp! is far more complex, and you guys are saying it'll take months?!

My God.

unDrac

02-10-2013

Quote:
Lemonilla:
You guys really don't code do you? It would probably entitle at least 6-12 months to get the alpha out... It truly isn't worth it.

I code... You sir, are mistaken.

Cameras in 3rd Person Perspective (3PP) games have an attribute called 'Angle of Attack' (AoA) or something similar and the Camera is the only thing that needs to be adjusted for the Purple Team. If anything a NEW Camera would be created just for them in case Riots Code doesn't support it.

In this case, if the Map's North is based on Pos-Y then the AoA would be 45° (0° would point it straight down and 90° would make it parallel with the Terrain)

Purple's Team camera's attribute would have to be adjusted to -45° (or 315°) and have the Z-Axis flipped to correct the view (Otherwise the Camera would render everything upside down)

However, this does break LANE LABELING for Players (ie Top, Mid, Bottom). Mid is unaffected, but Top and Bottom would be different lanes for the opposing teams since Purple would see the field from the other side of the map. This is merely an adjustment on the Player side.

Suggestion: Instead of Top, Mid, Bottom... Labels would be Baron, Mid, Dragon... Baron is closest to the Top, Mid remains the same, and Dragon is closest to the Bottom. Simple.

Thoughts?

Gamer43

02-11-2013

I don't see why it's so hard for Riot Games to just invert purple's screen

(make it so that regardless of which team you're on you start from bottom left and fight your way to top right of your screen)

It actually took the Vorp! dev team literally FIVE MINUTES to fix this issue in their game.
It was like, "Delete this, copy this, bam done."

and data wise, Vorp! is FAR MORE complex.

just use Blue team's coding and put it in for Purple team's coding for the visual screen.

seriously, is it really that hard?

Texas Decimator

02-18-2013

I totally agree.. It's very difficult sometimes to play purple side top lane, especially with ranged characters, since your target is under your moves and items. Riot really needs to look at this.. It's basically my only complaint for the game..

awkwardbowman

02-19-2013

I personally have no issue with being on either team, but it would be nice to be able to move around the various parts of the HUD. I ended up just shrinking them all instead, which isn't optimal but works for now.

Plato83

03-06-2013

feedback goes here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2019392