@RIOT Purple side needs to get camera rotated...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BSHMFWFM

01-21-2013

seriously how hard would it be?

WaxPaper

01-25-2013

Are you talking about the following concept, which I'm copying-and-pasting from a question I asked at Reddit the other day?

Quote:
If the map truly is symmetrical (except for a few things like Nashor/Drake), wouldn't it be possible for Riot to build an option that allows the purple (top) team to "flip" the point-of-view and mirror it, so that it appears you're playing on the blue team (bottom), even though you're on purple?
You get what I'm saying? The only thing that would change is the player's point-of-view, in which a purple team player would see himself playing on a flipped-mirror image of the map... The downside would be that the usual point-of-view would be reversed (Nashor would be on the east side of the map), but that's the choice they'd be willing to make, for the sake of preference...
If so, I'd like to know as well... Has Riot ever addressed this? (It's hard to search for because the terms "flip" and "map" get tons of results relating to the minimap flip setting.)

TheKulrathKnight

01-25-2013

I'd even go for the ability to flip the Hud its self upside down, like the spells and **** at the top, or make it transparent until you mouse over it. I don't have a problem with it when i'm top or bottom lane but mid lane makes me sad when my champion icon and items are literally right on top of the enemy champion.

Lammah

01-25-2013

That seems like a reasonable suggestion. It's a 3D game, so doing a 180 rotation of the game field should be trivial.

Or,
allow people to move the HUD elements to other parts of the screen. The most annoying for me is the Icon/Button bar is preventing proper aiming at the enemies below while your enemy can get you easy.

Glichdot

01-25-2013

Just let me move my stuff. I would be soooo happy.

XAlFias

01-26-2013

This has been discussed many times , but Riot never confirmed anything , so will they take this idea or not is unclear . I had the same problem playing as purple team too , but now i'm used to playing , Just don't lock your camera on your champion no matter which side you are on .

But yeah , there should be an option to flip the entire map .

MrJatt

01-27-2013

Riot has only argued with flawed logic, and made excuses that do not hold. This has been suggested by many time and time again, I do not understand why Riot isn't addressing this.

OGPc0balt

Recruiter

02-01-2013

I have seen many forums about this and i have yet to see Riot do anything. I don't know if Riot reeds these or not but i'm starting to think not or maybe they just don't care about what people are saying i really don't know all i know is that blue side is > purple side.

Best Atheist NA

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGPc0balt View Post
I have seen many forums about this and i have yet to see Riot do anything. I don't know if Riot reeds these or not but i'm starting to think not or maybe they just don't care about what people are saying i really don't know all i know is that blue side is > purple side.
Yes, Riot does read these and has been posting on another thread about it. However, the thread seems to have died out a bit since it was first created.

But I do agree, purple side in literally unplayable for me, and for many others as well.

CorpusTerrae

02-05-2013

Yeah, I wish Riot would do something about this. Playing purple instantly means I'm at a disadvantage.