How to stop the assassin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maréchal Davout

01-21-2013

stuns, silences

PrfsrChaos

01-21-2013

Also pay attention to the timing and positioning the assassin takes.

Rengar for example will almost always wait for the teamfight to start, wait for the adc to get in position behind their team and then jump them.

Assassin's almost always show up slightly late to fights...it makes it easier for them to get in, kill, and get out.

So take advantage of that, bait them, cc them, and take them out of the fight early.

Like others have said before, having great ward placement and being prepared with CC are really the best ways you can set up traps and catch an assassin trying to steal a kill.

Zaphery

01-21-2013

The best way to kill an assassin is to assassinate him first.

Reminds me of a game where I was playing lee sin. Talon tried to sneak up from behind and burst our carry but I kicked him back and burst him down instantly.

Prof Zuhayr

01-21-2013

cleanse?
QSS?
GA?
ARMOUR/MAGIC RESIST?

Tucking Sits

01-21-2013

I've noticed that initiating first against the team with the assassin usually forces the assassin to deal with the assault rather than weaving through your team in order to instagib the carry.

Other than that, silences and stuns work pretty well. As does a GA.

LoneWolfBrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

almost always the answer is cc, more specifically stuns

Chennasaurus

01-21-2013

When I play Talon or Zed, the worst thing to face is a bruiser or tank in the frontline and the ADC behind them ... made it pretty much impossible to reach them. Even my Kha'zix had difficulty reaching opponent ADC with ult invis and jump if the ADC was positioned properly

Still, the team should be CC/peeling for you and you should be positioned well or using your own CC (hence, one reason I love using Vayne so much)

Guanoid

01-22-2013

Stuns. Silences. Knock ups. Assassination failed.

Armstice

01-22-2013

As long as the assassin wasn't fed in the laning phase they will normally lack the damage to do any real damage to your carry anyway. Often times an unfed assassin doesn't have the damage to instagib your carry, and if they can't kill your carry with on rotation of their abilities then they are essentially not an assassin and furthermore, out of the game almost entirely.