Ranked Dominon (Seeking Riot Response)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

J Learned Hand

01-21-2013

I don't want to reopen the debate surrounding whether and why Riot should implement ranked dominion. That topic has been discussed thoroughly. However, I would like like a post from a Riot employee regarding whether they have any plans for ranked dominion in the future, and if not, why.

I just spent 30+ mins reading threads and the closest thing I found to a Riot response was a copy-and-paste job purporting to be Nome saying that the low population doesn't justify the resources necessary to implement ranked dominion. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2852006. If that's the case, fine. But I'd like to hear it directly from a Riot employee. (If someone can link to such a post, that would be great too.)

Simply explaining the situation would go a long way toward dispelling the notion that Riot doesn't care about dominion or its players.

naotasan

01-21-2013

We have been asking for awhile

Even our biggest thread has no riot replies.

The two big reasons why there is no ranked:
1) Not enough players to support ranked (even though there are countless who say they would play if there was ranked)

2) Riot doesn't want to have two major 5v5 maps competing against one another.
There are several Rioters known within the community (names will be protected because I'm nice like tha.. MORELLO COUGH COUGH) who feel like it's not worth RIots' time or effort to put much energy into "alternative" game modes.

I personally feel like Dominion is a cash cow just waiting to be milked by Riot. The amount of promotional work they have released up until this point is honestly just embarrassing for Riot.

J Learned Hand

01-21-2013

Thanks for the reply, but I'm only interested in an explanation from a Riot employee. I've read the threads and they are largely, if not exclusively, speculative. I don't care about people's opinions. I want a definitive statement from a Riot employee regarding whether there are plans for ranked dominion, and if not, why. That's all. I don't think it's asking much.

naotasan

01-21-2013

The answers I have given you are the ones Riot will give you.

Not enough players / don't want a competing 5v5 map

Those are the answers we have gotten for quite awhile now, and I don't think they're allowed to comment on certain things, such as Ranked Dominion.
When I asked Lyte about it, he was very dismissive and didn't want to talk about it. His answer was a short one sentence that basically said "yes, I agree Dominion could use more attention" and then moved on.

J Learned Hand

01-21-2013

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying I want to hear it directly from a Riot employee. If they can't comment, that's fine too. But I'd like to hear that directly from a Riot employee as well.

Rilakkuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Submit a support ticket.

I should also mention that dismissing your fellow dominion players views is a good way to get endorsements from us. </sarcasm> Riot employees like to comment on busy threads, be nice and maybe this thread will be busy enough.

SirLucious LftFt

01-21-2013

i understand where the OP is coming from. the dude literaly answered how he said not to.

Its like me saying if you like apples and oranges post here

dude #1 ="i dont like apples"

well that dude missed the point

on a related to OP note.

I would definatly love to hear their actual reasonings instead of the speculations. There are definatly some speculations that seem correct but really we can speculate anything and everything and it can be nothing because all it is is speculation.

Redeemed In Fire

01-21-2013

I talked to Nome in DominateDominion chat and thats the response he gave, im sure a few people could vouch for it ;p

naotasan

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Learned Hand View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying I want to hear it directly from a Riot employee. If they can't comment, that's fine too. But I'd like to hear that directly from a Riot employee as well.
Oh I understand, I'm just expressing my frustration with the entire "Ranked Dominion" issue and the lack of attention we get.
Sorry if I came off a little douchy

J Learned Hand

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubertt View Post
i understand where the OP is coming from. the dude literaly answered how he said not to.

Its like me saying if you like apples and oranges post here

dude #1 ="i dont like apples"

well that dude missed the point

on a related to OP note.

I would definatly love to hear their actual reasonings instead of the speculations. There are definatly some speculations that seem correct but really we can speculate anything and everything and it can be nothing because all it is is speculation.
This guy gets me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Oh I understand, I'm just expressing my frustration with the entire "Ranked Dominion" issue and the lack of attention we get.
Sorry if I came off a little douchy
I hear ya. That's why I made this thread. This is not a petition for ranked dominion. It's just a dude asking Riot for an explanation. One Riot post is all I want.