Remove the surrender option

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

01-21-2013

The enemy gets first blood... gg surrender at 20.
Then enemy is up 5 kills and a tower...surrender pls...wtf why you vote no...afk
The enemy baron and caught ashe in the jungle.../ff

People are so quick to give up and surrender the game when it is far from over. I invest 25+ minutes at a minimum by the time you factor in queue time, champ select, and load times before a surrender is even possible. Why should 4 quiters be allowed to cause me an automatic loss? At least if they afk, I can report them, but surrendering is even worse in my opinion because I have won games with AFK's. I have never won a game where my team surrendered. I'd like to see the option removed from games or require a full team agreement.

ThoughtfulWander

01-23-2013

I just recently had a game where the other team was pushing top lane and almost at the base outer towers. I teleported in at their bot tower. Destroyed the tower and inhibit. Was going for core towers with plenty of minion support. And they surrendered...... Was pretty ticked to say the least....... Ridiculous for sure. I think surrendering is for the wimps who can't take a lose like a man or women as the case maybe... Just my thoughts. Have fun and may we meet on the honorable fields of justice my friends. T.w.

Shiftless

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Then enemy is up 5 kills and a tower...surrender pls...wtf why you vote no...afk

People are so quick to give up and surrender the game when it is far from over. I invest 25+ minutes at a minimum by the time you factor in queue time, champ select, and load times before a surrender is even possible. Why should 4 quiters be allowed to cause me an automatic loss? At least if they afk, I can report them, but surrendering is even worse in my opinion because I have won games with AFK's. I have never won a game where my team surrendered. I'd like to see the option removed from games or require a full team agreement.
If there was no surrender option there will be trolls punishing "good" players who just want to enjoy the game as it is... it isn't fun playing with 4 or 3 committed people it just gives an option to end the game faster and start a new game with maybe "good" players.

SeCKS Egai

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post

It requires a majority vote for a reason.

If people are already calling the game, it's likely they aren't going to have a mindset to win if the game continues.

Maybe it's your elo, but it's been a long time where I've heard someone say gg over a first blood.

I'd get the feeling the enemy is up more than just 5 kills and a tower, you aren't takin creep score into account.

I've carried games I'd otherwise surrender - but they typically go for a VERY long time and are at a high risk of loss throughout. Winning a losing game can feel very rewarding, but losing a game you were already losing significantly 20 minutes in only to drag it out for another 20-30 min isn't terribly pleasing either.

Beats By YaoMing

01-23-2013

Agreed , remove this shiet people give up wayy to easily

Yajin

01-23-2013

If 1-2 people AFK early on--which seems to happen to me all the time--why should my team be forced to "play things out" until the other team feels like winning? Why should we have to stick around for 40+ minutes because the other team would rather farm kills than win? What is even the point of that?

Similarly, if my team is stuck with a troll who is constantly intentionally feeding (and literally helping the other team), why should we be forced to 4 v 5.5 if we're already way behind and the chances of winning are slim to none? I'm sure some people out there enjoy "being the underdog" and winning "against the odds" but, frankly, most of us don't--which is why you only need a 4/5 vote (and why it succeeds 4 against one so often).

One person complaining because four of his teammates wanted to stop is borderline-laughable, honestly. Yes, it's frustrating for that one person who wants to continue (for whatever reason) but the alternative--frustrating 4 people instead of 1--is not better. Sorry.

Finally, as far as forcing a "unanimous" vote goes, that just encourages more trolling. If you're the guy who wants to face near-impossible odds for that 1% chance of victory, good for you but forcing other people to keep playing, not have fun and just get frustrated (and want to quit LoL) just doesn't make sense on any level.

screenjack

01-23-2013

please don't, You should actually make it shorter to like 15mins. Also you should implement a this cool Idea I had. Make it so when you go to enter a match it'll ask you which position you'll play so that the teams will have even team comp. I think it'd be pretty cool.

VinceLegend

01-23-2013

if a teams surrendering theyve given up. one thing ive learned is this game is very physiological. if you think youre gonna lose youre chances of losing are pretty high.

workthecorners

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenjack View Post
please don't, You should actually make it shorter to like 15mins. Also you should implement a this cool Idea I had. Make it so when you go to enter a match it'll ask you which position you'll play so that the teams will have even team comp. I think it'd be pretty cool.
I belive if all five people vote yes a pre 20 surrender should be allowed after 20 its the same and takes 4

as for the premade positions I think that's dumb what's to stop someone from calling mid then going top?

VinceLegend

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by workthecorners View Post
as for the premade positions I think that's dumb what's to stop someone from calling mid then going top?
agreed. like theres nothing to force you to do anything. although i do think its a cut above what we have now.