Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Item Suggestion] Iron Boots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kreekree

01-21-2013

Iron Boots
+25 Movement speed
+200 Health
Immunity to the Airborne effect of enemy abilities.

Recipe
Boots of Speed (350g)
Ruby Crystal (475g)
+ 325g
= 1150g

Maybe not all airborne cc, but surely knockback/knockup. I think this item will be good to be available when you are playing a champion with channeling abilities and suffering from the hard cc of the enemy team.

Badruk

01-21-2013

Immunity to knockups would make it the most broken item in the game, especially since it's relatively cheap and gives a stat that is good on every champ (Health)

Edit: just realized you said knockbacks as well............you just made an item that makes Alistar completely useless

Vuther

01-21-2013

This would allow you to milk those.

I am firmly against changing how you can't milk those.

kreekree

01-21-2013

Quote:
Badruk:
Immunity to knockups would make it the most broken item in the game, especially since it's relatively cheap and gives a stat that is good on every champ (Health)

Edit: just realized you said knockbacks as well............you just made an item that makes Alistar completely useless

Basically what I had in mind was to make the champion more slower but tanky. Yeah comparing the price with the other boots, there's not difference that justify the great effect of it, but the price could just be increased and the knockback/knockup immunity could have a delay between everytime it blocks a airborne cc, just like banshee's veil but with less time (something like 10 seconds).

BlackJubilee

01-22-2013

Quote:
kreekree:
Iron Boots
+25 Movement speed
+200 Health

Recipe
Boots of Speed (350g)
Ruby Crystal (475g)
+ 325g
= 1150g

Maybe not all airborne cc, but surely knockback/knockup. I think this item will be good to be available when you are playing a champion with channeling abilities and suffering from the hard cc of the enemy team.

As stated before, this would completely ruin champion's like Ali, Blitz and Lee Sin. Perhaps a better passive would be to reduce the distance knocked back by say, 50%?

Yuan Shikai

01-22-2013

Displacements are BALANCED around there being no items to counter them, so no.

Ngai Tahu

01-22-2013

Take away the CC removal and I'd like it, I've always wanted some HP boots in the game. The CC removal is a bit tacky and too much.

IonDragonX

01-22-2013

Quote:
kreekree:
Iron Boots
+25 Movement speed
+200 Health

Recipe
Boots of Speed (350g)
Ruby Crystal (475g)
+ 325g
= 1150g

Oooo! I really like this idea!

Obviously, it needs to be something like this:

Lodestone Boots
Boots of Speed (350g) + Ruby Crystal (475g) + 625g = 1450g
+45 Movement speed
+200 Health
UNIQUE Passive - Gain a spell shield that blocks the next incoming Knockup. This shield refreshes if you haven't taken damage from champions in 25 seconds. While on cooldown, you lose 20 Movement Speed.
UNIQUE Passive - Knockbacks only move you 50% of the normal distance.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

01-22-2013

I'd explain why this is broken, and go on about how you people STILL don't know how to find a Search bar in a forum, but right now my brain is broken and doesn't want to get out the real facts explaining why it's broken.

But yeah, Search bar. That and some people have already explained why it's bad already.

Galgus

01-23-2013

I'd rather see Mercurial Scimitar work against those types of CC than this.

This would be incredibly undercosted for its effect as boots, far too situational, and crazy overpowered in the situations it would work in.

I made a suggestion for MC to handle those CC types thats still near the top of the item forums, if you care enough to look.