Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot - The state of Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NickSlip

01-21-2013

Quote:
VanceStubbs:
No, that's how she always worked.

I disagree on this. In S2 she was pretty strong with only her Trinity Force, and when she got her second major damage item, she was uber destructive for the rest of the game. Now that TF is rather suboptimal in its current state, she has to rely on other (nerfed) items for any kind of meaningful damage, and she's pretty much useless until she reaches the thirty minute mark, when she only starts to transition into her hypercarry mode. In S2 she'd be destroying by that time.

King Lenny

01-21-2013

static shiv is awesome item on poppy. cheaper alternative to tf that also eliminates poppy's wave clearing probs.

Sybil Cut

01-21-2013

Quote:
NickSlip:
I disagree on this. In S2 she was pretty strong with only her Trinity Force, and when she got her second major damage item, she was uber destructive for the rest of the game. Now that TF is rather suboptimal in its current state, she has to rely on other (nerfed) items for any kind of meaningful damage, and she's pretty much useless until she reaches the thirty minute mark, when she only starts to transition into her hypercarry mode. In S2 she'd be destroying by that time.

Well said. I will say though, she's still extremely powerful build with Trinity -> Straight AD. Because of her innate survivability and "ult the support and take no damage" ult, you can just ulti onto the person who intimidates you the least or is already distracted and go balls-to-the-wall on their entire team 1v5. Unfortunately, you can only do this if the game goes til about the 40-45 minute mark, and if it goes that long with a Poppy on your team you could have just won by then with someone else.

Sybil Cut

01-21-2013

Quote:
King Lenny:
static shiv is awesome item on poppy. cheaper alternative to tf that also eliminates poppy's wave clearing probs.

It's not an alternative to Trinity force. Trinity force is a Q augmenting ability, as well as a slow on autoattack, tankiness, and damage.

It doesn't really help her wave clear because it procs what, every 7 autoattacks or something? By then, most of the wave is clear anyways. Ionic spark would have worked better, but it's gone now.

sirplayalot11

01-21-2013

Quote:
King Lenny:

shtap. Its not. Iceborn Gauntlet is a good Sub. Lichbane is a good sub for AP. Static Shiv is an early game Phantom Dancer. Poppy never gets Phantom Dancer. Shtap.

Waldo226

01-21-2013

Buffing Poppy is going to be tricky because of how dominant she is late game. Buffing her early is going to hurt her a lot late and I feel like it will be over done.

Junmita

01-21-2013

Poppy is cool, the problem is farming.

maybe something like "if you use Q on a minion, it has half cooldown/mana cost" while you endure the harass, you may get 2 or 3 minions

King Lenny

01-21-2013

Quote:
sirplayalot11:
shtap. Its not. Iceborn Gauntlet is a good Sub. Lichbane is a good sub for AP. Static Shiv is an early game Phantom Dancer. Poppy never gets Phantom Dancer. Shtap.

iceborn gauntlet gives almost nonexistant dmg for 3400 gold. It sounds good on paper but it blows ingame, i've already tried it. Poppy doesnt have much difficulty chasing down anyone with ms quints + w.

Idk about you but i would build Trinity + PD sometimes s2, mobility is the key to poppy. She has 35 ad steroid and not much ad scaling so atk speed > AD.

Krimson62

01-21-2013

I agree itemization has made her weak, but i don't think early game buffs will hurt her terribly since she is still a pretty poor farmer.

i think something to help her mana issues would be great. it also helps to have a runepage dedicated solely to poppy :/ which can be tough.

she can jungle but not terribly well due to mana constrictions and 0 splash damage to handle small minions. But as many have said, not much can be done about a late game poppy, her ult is a dead carry and a won teamfight... so you have to have the bad early game to allow her destructive nature late

idyemyhairbrown

Recruiter

01-21-2013

I used to have fun playing her as a kill lane with vayne bot. Ward the bush and double wall stun. When they made gp10 unique, it hurt her early game pretty hard, and then the more recent nerfs to philostone made her game even worse.