@Riot - The state of Poppy

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VanceStubbs

01-21-2013

Is there ANY item that was not gutted?

Hey, there are new items in this season, maybe, I don't know, TRY THOSE OUT?!

TerminatusOmega

01-21-2013

I play poppy, i love poppy... bump.

also hoping she doesn't go FOTM like those katarina/darius scrubs.

oh and apparently they are taking her W passive and making only that it procs

NickSlip

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirtingSquid View Post
Change her ult and sure.

Her bad laning is the only thing keeping her balanced.
This was the case in S2 as well, when she had at least some semblance of viability. But when the S3 itemization nerfs hit her, her late game was nerfed as well. It's not just her bad laning now that hampers her, it's her utter uselessness until she gets her 3 core items that make her an all-around weak champ. I'd argue that before S3 came, she had a bad laning phase that was rewarded with an attainable godlike late game - now, she's just bad way past the laning phase, and her late game's not good enough to compensate for that.

CrossXxodia

01-21-2013

I gotta agree with the OP here.

Everything Poppy thrived on, early Health Regen, Resistances, Trinity, Gunblade and what have you, was nerfed. She was in a bad spot before S3, but to have her come out worse after the changes is truly an incredible feat.

VanceStubbs

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSlip View Post
This was the case in S2 as well, when she had at least some semblance of viability. But when the S3 itemization nerfs hit her, her late game was nerfed as well. It's not just her bad laning now that hampers her, it's her utter uselessness until she gets her 3 core items that make her an all-around weak champ. I'd argue that before S3 came, she had a bad laning phase that was rewarded with an attainable godlike late game - now, she's just bad way past the laning phase, and her late game's not good enough to compensate for that.
No, that's how she always worked.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Poppy is one of my favs. Sadly, I only used her much in season 1 because of how unviable she is in lane and how hard you have to be carried early game to show your potential late.

NickSlip

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanceStubbs View Post
Is there ANY item that was not gutted?

Hey, there are new items in this season, maybe, I don't know, TRY THOSE OUT?!
Did you even read my post? Yes, items generally got nerfed all around, but those nerfs hit Poppy much harder than they hit most top laners. The only champ whose itemization got hit as hard as Poppy is probably Irelia, but she's still strong as hell because of her true damage and CC mitigation. Look at Black Cleaver. Look at the armor pen changes. Now look at the AS and resistance nerfs. The first two hurt Poppy and helped her bruiser opponents. The last two also hurt Poppy and benefited glass cannon AD casters. Both bruisers and AD casters are ridiculously prevalent now. So what new items can Poppy build? Iceborn Gauntlet, which is pretty good on her but nowhere near as good as old TF was? BotrK, which is only okay on her but way better on champs like Jax and Zed ? Maybe Zephyr, which doesn't give her any kind of significant DPS increase for the cost? The new items are only "meh" on her.

King Lenny

01-21-2013

my new build on poppy is BOTRK -> Static Shiv -> Trinity

you can even go 2 dorans -> shiv ( for champs that constantly push like singed )

i think poppy is still a great champ, just need to pick your spots to play him. I fp him all the time tho and get away with it . People pick stuff like Wukong + Renekton thinking its an easy lane.

AP poppy build = Sorcs ->Sunfire -> Sheen ->DFG ->Lichbane

MesaanaWoT

01-21-2013

hey while we are making pointless nerfs why not nerf poppy too? and maybe karma and trundle too.

sirplayalot11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Riot please
EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lenny View Post
my new build on poppy is BOTRK -> Static Shiv -> Trinity

you can even go 2 dorans -> shiv ( for champs that constantly push like singed )

i think poppy is still a great champ, just need to pick your spots to play him. I fp him all the time tho and get away with it . People pick stuff like Wukong + Renekton thinking its an easy lane.

AP poppy build = Sorcs ->Sunfire -> Sheen ->DFG ->Lichbane
Um, you do know poppy is a girl, right? and Static Shiv isn't really that great on her, giving attack speed on a champ who's main source of damage is on a spammable Q is pretty redundant, the only new items I can think of that help poppy this season is Iceborn Gauntlets and Twin Shadows(helps set up wall stun, since they grant vision and help with MR, which is scarce as it is this season)

12345612 ... 13