Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

SR Ugrade?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-21-2013

Quote:
Odyesseus:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But nothing stays the same forever. Eventually something big is going to change. It's just a matter of when.

I mean the pro scene is important, but that's a by product of the game. A pro scene exists because the game exists. But the people at Riot consider everything I'm sure. And I doubt they'd make a map unworthy of community praise.

Bam. That's the heart of the issue. I'd be willing to bet the majority of players would agree with my opinion, rather than yours. And go look at DotA. Nothing major has changed with the map in something like 5+ years, and it still has a big pro scene.

Gimpyloser

01-21-2013

I think it could use a bit of a graphics update as well, but if they do, they need to start matching players based on load times as well as elo. Some of these guys already load this game like their pc hasn't been updated in 10 years.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Do you know when the last time the NFL changed anything about the rules and regulations regarding fields and goal posts was?

Do you know when the last time MLB changed anything about the rules and regulations regarding fields, bases, home plate, or mounds was?

Do you know when the last time the NBA changed anything about the rules and regulations regarding courts, goals, etc was?

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Quote:
Gimpyloser:
I think it could use a bit of a graphics update as well, but if they do, they need to start matching players based on load times as well as elo. Some of these guys already load this game like their pc hasn't been updated in 10 years.

Ya true.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
Bam. That's the heart of the issue. I'd be willing to bet the majority of players would agree with my opinion, rather than yours. And go look at DotA. Nothing major has changed with the map in something like 5+ years, and it still has a big pro scene.

Dota hasn't changed it's map because it was created off of Warcraft III. Not the same thing.

And of course you would think a majority agrees with your own opinion. It's called a bias.

Odyesseus

01-21-2013

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
Do you know when the last time the NFL changed anything about the rules and regulations regarding fields and goal posts was?

Do you know when the last time MLB changed anything about the rules and regulations regarding fields, bases, home plate, or mounds was?

Do you know when the last time the NBA changed anything about the rules and regulations regarding courts, goals, etc was?

Pretty sure the NFL has a commerical about how the game has changed over the entire saga of pro football. It's been on like every game. So idk what this comment is about.

adc

01-21-2013

Quote:
Odyesseus:
Dota hasn't changed it's map because it was created off of Warcraft III. Not the same thing.

And of course you would think a majority agrees with your own opinion. It's called a bias.

That doesn't make any sense. DotA is a 10~ year old game. I guarantee you they could change the map as easily as Riot could.

And a majority agrees with my opinion - know how I know? You're the only person who has, to my knowledge, ever created a topic asking for an update.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

I didn't ask you about the game. I asked about the field, the NFL's equivalent of a LoL map.

Some quick research tells me that the field has remained basically the same since 1912.

But yes, the game HAS changed. And that's the point. Just as LoL changes with new champion releases, item changes, and development of new strategies (or even something as simple as taking an old champion and making them good again by playing them in a difference way).

Just like the NFL is relevant and interesting today, despite 100 years of playing on the same field, Summoner's Rift can remain perfectly interesting for plenty of time without any major changes to it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
You're the only person who has, to my knowledge, ever created a topic asking for an update.

...which is a pretty good point.

We get threads about a role-queuing system about four times a week.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

By the way, if you're curious here are the dates for changes to regulations regarding MLB fields...

The distance between bases has always been 90-feet.
The 60'6" distance for the pitching mound (which is where it is at today) was established in 1893 and has remained there ever since.
The diameter and height of the pitching mound was finalized in 1969 and is the most recent change to MLB field regulations.