SR Ugrade?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odyesseus

Member

01-21-2013

Anyone know if Summoner's Rift will be upgraded? By that I mean like how TTL got upgraded. I really like the new TTL map; it's all dark and spooky. Vilemaw was a great concept too.

Also, i think visually it's old. It needs some graphic updates like TTL. This will compliment all the new skins that are out too. Just a thought but I love SR and I'd love to see it completely upgraded to something new.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

Senior Member

01-21-2013

It was given a graphic update just six months ago...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odyesseus

Member

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagster View Post
It was given a graphic update just six months ago...
Yea but it still feels dated. And it's more than just graphics, they need to start from scratch. There are issues that people complain about for purple side all the time.

I mean I'm sure a new SR is the works (maybe it's not). But I think the change they made with TTL is the direction they should take SR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

01-21-2013

Why would they start from scratch? People have put 3+ years into the current SR map, and redoing it would be utterly stupid. The majority of players would leave. The game looks just fine, and the only problem with purple side is that people refuse to learn to play with unlocked camera.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odyesseus

Member

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Why would they start from scratch? People have put 3+ years into the current SR map, and redoing it would be utterly stupid. The majority of players would leave. The game looks just fine, and the only problem with purple side is that people refuse to learn to play with unlocked camera.
If the game looks "just fine" I'm sure there would never be any updates. Since we all know that's not true and changing things actually improves the game, your argument is invalid. Also, the majority of players leaving is called jumping to a conclusion. So, making the game better by improving on it actually might make it MORE appealing to players.

They did TTL from scratch, what makes you so sure they wouldn't change SR? Game developers are never content, they always work to improve or change. They just have to do prudently with balance in mind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

01-21-2013

IF they remake Summoner's Rift in any significant, non-cosmetic way, it's a change that won't happen until the end of season 3...

And even then, I doubt it will happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyesseus View Post
If the game looks "just fine" I'm sure there would never be any updates. Since we all know that's not true and changing things actually improves the game, your argument is invalid. Also, the majority of players leaving is called jumping to a conclusion. So, making the game better by improving on it actually might make it MORE appealing to players.

They did TTL from scratch, what makes you so sure they wouldn't change SR? Game developers are never content, they always work to improve or change. They just have to do prudently with balance in mind.
****ing accidental upvotes.

Anyway, the game LOOKS just fine. That doesn't mean they like where the balance is. What it sounds like you're talking about is an entire remake of the map - from the ground up. If that's NOT what you're talking about, you need to be more clear.

If it is, look at it this way. Many people, including people who make their living off the game, think SR is just fine as it is. So why would Riot change it drastically - which would lose players (I guarantee you more players would leave than join), as well as **** up the pro scene pretty hard.

On top of that, what do you even think is WRONG with SR?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odyesseus

Member

01-21-2013

I dont think anything is "wrong" with the map. But in comparison to TTL and Dominion, it just looks/feels old. I mean I doubt anything will change but I was just curious if anyone heard or anything had leaked on upcoming changes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

01-21-2013

No it doesn't. When I play SR, which is the only map I play (I've played TTL and Dominion once or twice, but nothing major), I don't feel like I'm missing out. The map doesn't have any huge moving features to distract me from playing to the best of my abilities - and that's good. The map, to me, looks and feels just fine as it is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odyesseus

Member

01-21-2013

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But nothing stays the same forever. Eventually something big is going to change. It's just a matter of when.

I mean the pro scene is important, but that's a by product of the game. A pro scene exists because the game exists. But the people at Riot consider everything I'm sure. And I doubt they'd make a map unworthy of community praise.