What champions should a newer player take?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dead Man Legacy

01-21-2013

I'm about level 10, and I have 60 dollars to spend on Tuesday.
I don't know what champions to buy, but I do plan on getting one of the champion packs.

jamongus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

my personal advice is to buy one champion and learn the ins and outs of that champion. know that champion like the back of your hand. know the speed of the attack animation. know the cooldowns on the abilities. know the playstyle of that champion. know the item builds of that champion, what works and what doesnt, what items have synergy, etc.

my champion was singed.

once you know one champion very well, you can learn the mechanics of the game a lot easier, because the champion will not slow you down. go into a custom game (Summoner's Rift or Proving Grounds), and practice last hitting. practice last hitting until you can get 90 minions at 10:00.

Best of luck to you, friend.

Titan9900

01-21-2013

Energy champions early on are great starting champions.

Shen ,kennen, lee sin and more advanced would be akali and zed.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Woah dude. Hold your horses. Dont throw money at the game just yet.

There are 10 free champs EVERY WEEK. They rotate thru all the champs over time. (yeah I didnt know this at first!!)

You should be playing EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM every week. For each one, make a CUSTOM GAME, with 4 bots on your team, 5 on theirs. Play the new champ.
This way you have an easy game usually and can leisurely try out a champ. Do it ONCE for each one.

This lets you determine who you like and dont like. Even if Dont Like, you know how they work! This is important later.
When you find one you like, Buy them AT THE END of the week... in case you change your mind. No reason to buy them while they are free.

The champ packs arent all that great either anymore. Same price but many of gthe champs are old, outdated, and also cheaper to buy now anyways! (i.e. 6300IP champs reduced in price to 3100,etc)

If you get bored with the 10, buy the 450 IP champs. Theres 6 of them and that gives you a nice roster-bump to work with.

Jarlaxle

01-21-2013

I think Ryze is the easiest to get the hang of. All point-and-click abilities, tanky, and Tons of Damage(tm).

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-21-2013

For $60, you actually afford both champion packs and the pack of rune pages.