Worthless Dominion Masteries.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

The masteries should be fixed to also support dominion. I'm no huge fan of dominion for a variety of reasons, and I'm not saying balance masteries around dominion. But things like Demolisher in a game mode where turrets don't exist should be changed to +5% capture rate instead of 5% damage to turrets. Garrison, the only summoner spell to not have an upgrade mastery.

naotasan

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryceman View Post
Garrison, the only summoner spell to not have an upgrade mastery.
Summoner's Wrath? It gives your towers splash damage when used.

Also, I'm totally fine with having useless SR masteries in my tree. It makes it very linear and easy to decide which masteries I'm going to take. I don't need any GP5, MP5, Damage increase/decrease to towers, I don't need reduced damage from minions or returned damage to minions, and I don't need to pickpocket my enemies as the passive gold gain on the Crystal Scar is pretty good.

I suggested that Riot make a completely different mastery trees for Dominion, and one for Classic.. but that task alone is quite the challenge and got tossed out the window quickly. Maybe it requires too much work, or maybe Riot doesn't want to split the playerbase into two main modes (it's like what, 20 million players in one mode and 200,000 in the other? oh noooo...)

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Probably because there is nothing wrong with the current mastery tree when used on dominion.

Malah

01-21-2013

I'm less distressed about the stupid masteries in Defense and moreso about the fact that Utility is completely useless other than the -% Summoner CD, -% Item CD, and MS masteries. Well, you could make a slight argument for the CD mastery, but considering mages and tanks both have 20% CDR items that are ungodly powerful (Torch/FH) and a plethora of itemization for CDR elsewhere, carries don't need CDR, and making bruiser/AD Caster itemization difficult is the only reason they're not even more stompy, I'm willing to pass on that.

I vaguely recall hearing before S3 that they wanted to make Utility useful to people who are not 0 CS bot lane SR supports, and then they turned around and did the opposite. And even then, I'd rather just run GP/5 yellows and run Defense tree considering how much dead weight there is around the useful stuff. I mean, Strength of Spirit? Biscuiteer?

NamKim

01-21-2013

For masteries, I think only the utility tree is "not Dominion friendly." But I put my points in Offensive or Defensive categories and they're just fine.

Even on SR, I feel that Utility is more for support-oriented champions and Dom's definition of support is different from SR's to begin with.

Cauldrath

01-21-2013

For utility, you've got revive mastery, move speed, recall speed, summoner's cooldown, item cooldowns, mana, spell vamp/lifesteal, bonus exp (which can result in you ending games 2 levels above everyone else), buff duration, and CDR. You can put 21 points in and not be wasting any, but you have to pick either mana or item cooldowns.

I agree, though, that there should be more "or in Dominion"s slapped onto masteries.

Chaosos

01-21-2013

+damage to towers should be either +capture rate or make capping a point take 3 points of nexus health instead of 2.
-damage from towers is easy, just make dominion points function with it
Less monster damage/reflect monster damage could probably just be enabled to work on creeps on dominion.
Everything else is more or less situational. Also, biscuiteer OP for bot lane on dominion, at least until they removed the way it stacked with potions for a surprisingly strong all-in with dominant regeneration. I enjoy my 9/0/21 ryze.

BeefJerkyHunter

01-22-2013

This would be nice. But it's not going to happen.

MajorUrsa

01-22-2013

I absolutely wouldnt mind Dominion based Masteries. In fact it would probably be another great way to balance out the mode, being able to address specific mastery issues and champion problems through targeted masteries aimed at fixing their issues (AP Self sustain like Vlad, Energy champions, etc)