Rematchmaking games with AFK players by canceling games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

02-08-2013

Bump.

Çêrbêrûs

02-08-2013

The only issue i see with "Provoked"s idea is that if you give the team of 4 the opportunity to win you have to (at least to be fair) give the 5s team a reason to keep playing too. Then the issue becomes that if the team of 4 is allowed to leave without penalty the 5s team would get free elo/league points. Its a very sharp double edged sword that im sure riot has at least put SOME thought into.

If we really wanted to speculate, if this was to be put in place as you said you could just have someone on your team (if theyre actually cooperating, which god knows doesnt happen) purposefully leave the game and take one for the team, then all the rest of them have to do is tough it out until that marker where their allowed to leave, normally this would get you banned, but theres two issues to that. if your team knows your going to do it so they dont lose elo/league points then they arent going to report you for it. and 2 it doesnt necessarily have to be done all the time. hell even just one get out of jail free card in a promo seriers would get me to gold because i get so many trolls.

just my thoughts.

Dane Belthound

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troa View Post
There are plenty of 4v5 games that are winnable and won by the 4 people left, this would remove their ability to win and make the game truly pointless all around. I would encourage you to play another couple hundred games before really making such sweeping suggestions. Also, if people aren't posting in your threads, there's really no reason to mass bump them.
The only 4v5 game that is winnable is when the team with 5 is made of complete morons. NO ONE who is competent should lose a 4v5.

AddicTedTouCh

02-09-2013

This ***** game is ridiculous in ranked, its totally unfair to players that want to play seriously!
Totally unfair game matches with leavers and disconnected players that ruin everyone's game all the time, the ones that is playing hard to get ranked up cant even pass through the first ranking up!
Ridiculous and I'm totally disgusted with this game players that wants to troll all games, I love it but i'm seriously thumbing down for every friend from now on.

Zer0blizzard

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrs View Post
The only issue i see with "Provoked"s idea is that if you give the team of 4 the opportunity to win you have to (at least to be fair) give the 5s team a reason to keep playing too. Then the issue becomes that if the team of 4 is allowed to leave without penalty the 5s team would get free elo/league points. Its a very sharp double edged sword that im sure riot has at least put SOME thought into.

If we really wanted to speculate, if this was to be put in place as you said you could just have someone on your team (if theyre actually cooperating, which god knows doesnt happen) purposefully leave the game and take one for the team, then all the rest of them have to do is tough it out until that marker where their allowed to leave, normally this would get you banned, but theres two issues to that. if your team knows your going to do it so they dont lose elo/league points then they arent going to report you for it. and 2 it doesnt necessarily have to be done all the time. hell even just one get out of jail free card in a promo seriers would get me to gold because i get so many trolls.

just my thoughts.
This has nothing to do with Provoke's idea.
His idea was if someone disconnected, the game paused for two minutes (or some other reasonable amount of time) to wait for the player to reconnect.

If they didn't, the game shut down immediately and no one gained or lost anything.

Then, players that repeatedly disconnected and wasted everyone's time were blacklisted and were not allowed to play.

Therefore, the only players left in the pool of available players were the players that would not AFK.

I cannot summarize that idea better. I also completely agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
The only 4v5 game that is winnable is when the team with 5 is made of complete morons. NO ONE who is competent should lose a 4v5.
This. Some more faith in humanity restored.

Zer0blizzard

02-12-2013

Totally not a bump.

lFalse Kingl

02-13-2013

Players should be kicked out of the lobby for not making any action. I had a guy who was afk at champ select. He got a random champion selected due to inactivity and cost us the game.

Zer0blizzard

02-14-2013

^^

Edit:
I have a hard time believing an intelligent person downvoted this and the above poster's post. There's clearly a lurking troll that believes downvoting is important.

Keep at it. Maybe Riot will take your anonymous, unrecorded, silent opinion into account.

Zer0blizzard

02-16-2013

Waiting for responses.

Zer0blizzard

02-18-2013

Waiting for responses.