Mercy ruling for ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

02-07-2013

Contrary to the popular belief that the community holds that 4v5 games are usually winnable (which, by a statistical majority, is not true and anyone that believes that should STFU), and games usually around based on luck (i know we're losing 20-40, but since it's 50 minutes in, all we need is an ace, which is totally likely to happen, and then we'll get the victory for sure!), I propose the idea that there be a mercy ruling to force teams that are losing to have their nexus automatically destroyed if they are losing bad enough.

The reason for this is the community; I am absolutely furious that I am stuck in bronze elo with adcs that insist on farming by themselves without wards at lvl 18 and 40 minutes with fed enemy assassins that are mia; or teammates that do not know how to read a scoreboard to find out who is fed and target appropriately. This group of people, as their records of 1 win for every loss (or worse) would suggest, are not learning how to play the game better. However, when they lose (or win), it is usually by a large margin (once you factor in total gold, which is impossible to determine because farm (including neutral monster) totals for each team are not easily available, and neither are turret kills, dragons or barons).

I do not mind being bronze elo because I do not mind playing with and against players of roughly equal "skill". I do mind, however, when those players fail four surrenders from 20 minutes to 50 minutes and the other team continues to snowball, and all the while, people are insulting each other and THIS JUST KEEPS ON HAPPENING. NO ONE IS LEARNING ANYTHING BY PLAYING MORE RANKED GAMES. Either the tribunal needs to ban practically everyone in bronze elo (fine by me), or Riot, more practically, you could do something that target's a player's weaknesses and then forces them to demonstrate that they know how to get around it. For example, if a person stinks at focusing, set up a bot demonstration and have the player target the appropriate target.

Zer0blizzard

02-08-2013

Bump.

NauFirefox

02-09-2013

One, Your post went from talking about the ranking systems to a suggestion for a new bot mode that doesn't relate.

Two, bumping your own threads makes you look unprofessional, desperate, and the fact it is not being discussed by other members should allow it to be buried as it is not a popular idea. People will discuss your idea's if they are appealing. Forcing it to the top only causes down votes.

Just trying to help ^_^ don't take it offensively.

d4rkedge

Recruiter

02-09-2013

I agree with the 4v5 being very unfair (to various degrees, if your Janna is afk it won't make MUCH of a difference, whereas if your ranged adc was afk and the majority of your team is melee, your at a huge disadvantage).. however claiming that your stuck at your elo because of afks.. you have as much chance as the enemy team to get an afk. The sad fact of the matter is if you play 10 games and don't win >50% you deserve to be at the elo (or league) your at.

Back in Season 2 I dropped all the way to 600 elo, I soon realized teamfights and team plays were my weakness.. quickly corrected, and no more did I blame the occasional afk - I still lost games but I won the majority therefore gaining elo.

I suggest if your stuck in a league work out how you can play better.. The fact of the matter is you probably suck at one bit of league and you need to work on it. for example if your ganks are bad, play some draft normals and work on that, if your focus is bad.. etc.. list goes on.

I normally adc'd and would rack up 400 cs by endgame.. kills aren't everything.. going 50/0/25 means nothing if you suck at everything else.

Darkedge.

Zer0blizzard

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauFirefox View Post
One, Your post went from talking about the ranking systems to a suggestion for a new bot mode that doesn't relate.

Two, bumping your own threads makes you look unprofessional, desperate, and the fact it is not being discussed by other members should allow it to be buried as it is not a popular idea. People will discuss your idea's if they are appealing. Forcing it to the top only causes down votes.

Just trying to help ^_^ don't take it offensively.
Don't care about downvotes; they don't mean anything. As for looking desperate, I don't care about that either. Unprofessional? HAH, that's adorable. We're on the internet, on a video game forum and I'm not looking for a job.

As for your final idea, good ideas get buried a heck of a lot. If it's not a good idea by vote of the community, I could care less. This is the same community that blindly follows the professional meta and requires a tribunal because its player are so commonly toxic (but that's true of the internet, so get used to it).

Also, as a final critique of your critique, you didn't help me. You offered one line of criticism at the top of your post without offering any explanation as to why. That's all you wrote about my idea. Thanks (sarcasm). Apparently you just read the first sentence and the last sentence, and skipped 14 sentences in the middle (hit ctrl+F and type in bot; it only appears once in my post, in the last sentence). Excellent reading skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rkedge View Post
I agree with the 4v5 being very unfair (to various degrees, if your Janna is afk it won't make MUCH of a difference, whereas if your ranged adc was afk and the majority of your team is melee, your at a huge disadvantage).. however claiming that your stuck at your elo because of afks.. you have as much chance as the enemy team to get an afk. The sad fact of the matter is if you play 10 games and don't win >50% you deserve to be at the elo (or league) your at.

Back in Season 2 I dropped all the way to 600 elo, I soon realized teamfights and team plays were my weakness.. quickly corrected, and no more did I blame the occasional afk - I still lost games but I won the majority therefore gaining elo.

I suggest if your stuck in a league work out how you can play better.. The fact of the matter is you probably suck at one bit of league and you need to work on it. for example if your ganks are bad, play some draft normals and work on that, if your focus is bad.. etc.. list goes on.

I normally adc'd and would rack up 400 cs by endgame.. kills aren't everything.. going 50/0/25 means nothing if you suck at everything else.

Darkedge.
Your post is actually interesting. However, getting 400+ CS regularly (1 out of every 2 games with at least 80 ranked games played) is practically platinum ELO. There was a Karthus in a S2 end of season championship game that pulled out a massive 300+ CS game in 45 minutes. Either the people you play against are incredibly bad (have you played against a team I've been on, by chance?), or you're the best ADC I've ever heard of. Either way, I'm not convinced that what you're saying is true. Pics or it didn't happen.

As for going any number of kills (even 0) without dying and at least 12 assists, IMO, you're doing something right. Also IMO, you're probably going to win the majority of your games by consistently getting records like that.

About blaming AFKs for losing: While I understand that I have the same chance at getting AFKers as anyone else, I'm apparently sending out psychic waves that attract these people, or AFKing is stupidly common and the game may as well be unplayable because of them. My record is now 3 wins and 12 losses in Ranked, I have 37 LP in Bronze V, and I have gotten at least 4 AFKs which all, predictably, resulted in losses. There's a big difference between 3-12 and 7-12.

Besides, spending 15 minutes worried about holding your lane and then someone else loses theirs, and then you spend the next 35 minutes arguing over who screwed up the most, all while failing teamfight after teamfight, losing tower after tower, and that's if no one AFKs. At the end of the game, you end up hating at least two people and you spent one hour not learning anything.

I could rant about Bronze players for eternity. Hell, you probably think I have and have long since stopped reading.

TL;DR: Bump.

Zer0blizzard

02-12-2013

I've since won two ranked games in a row, but both of them were blowouts (2+ kills on our team to every one of theirs). Long story short, the problem isn't happening to me, but it's still happening.

HoIIywood

02-13-2013

Just the nature of the game, some chars and roles can snowball extremely fast and low elo players generally lack the skill required to know how to come back, so games are rarely close.

jayneel

02-13-2013

i agree that some kind of a mercy ruling should be granted for a losing team of 4, however your suggestion of eliminating the nexus is way too ridiculous.

Perhaps the losing team of 4 should only suffer 25% of the points loss that they would lose if they were 5.

Zer0blizzard

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSquatch View Post
i agree that some kind of a mercy ruling should be granted for a losing team of 4, however your suggestion of eliminating the nexus is way too ridiculous.

Perhaps the losing team of 4 should only suffer 25% of the points loss that they would lose if they were 5.
Or perhaps the game could just end and count as nothing.

Zer0blizzard

02-16-2013

Waiting for responses.