List of league related websites easily available for new players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

01-21-2013

When I first got into league, I knew nothing about how to play various (duh) (the difference between bruisers and carries, what CC was, etc.).

I found it incredibly frustrating that I had to learn a little bit at a time, learn more about the game to then continue searching, all on my own (TEH BUTTHURT I HAS IT).

Please include a list of relevant third party websites somewhere accessible to new players (login screen/the play button area?).

Such websites I would recommend include:
lolwiki about general mechanics and item/champion details
mobafire's LOL for build guides
championselect for champion counterpicking
solomid for build guides
elobuff for paid access to better stats about ranked
surrender@20 for LOL rumors

Little Boy Nate

01-21-2013

Or you could Google "League of Legends"

Twinkit

01-21-2013

Thank you. ^_^

Zer0blizzard

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxijazz View Post
Or you could Google "League of Legends"
Constructive feedback. Nice. Going to offer a why with that statement?

EDIT:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=league+of+legends

None of the links are immediately obvious as being helpful to new players. People could click for links for days and still not understand anything. My idea is to introduce concepts, then present links with more advanced information. Kind of like the introduction, but with links to the concepts introduced.

Your argument is invalid.

Zer0blizzard

01-24-2013

Bump.

Troa

01-24-2013

I am torn. As a new player, asking questions and just playing will typically help you. I feel like pointing new people towards that much information could result in information overload in general.

Zer0blizzard

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troa View Post
I am torn. As a new player, asking questions and just playing will typically help you. I feel like pointing new people towards that much information could result in information overload in general.
Information overload? If that happens, they shouldn't be playing LOL.

Zer0blizzard

01-28-2013

Bump.

Pelvis Pressley

01-28-2013

Agreed. This isn't a run and gun game. You need to know the champions in order to play against them. I really don't understand how a LoL wiki search can lead to information overload. You search for the champ you want to play and pick a guide. It then tells you everything you NEED to know in order to play.

I second this idea. I think implementing more of the community into the client would improve the community. Not just YouTube videos that no one really watches.

Zer0blizzard

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilionDolaBluntz View Post
Agreed. This isn't a run and gun game. You need to know the champions in order to play against them. I really don't understand how a LoL wiki search can lead to information overload. You search for the champ you want to play and pick a guide. It then tells you everything you NEED to know in order to play.

I second this idea. I think implementing more of the community into the client would improve the community. Not just YouTube videos that no one really watches.
^This.^