Did I Miss Something? Countering Eve help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCeeJay

01-22-2013

First off, this isn't a QQ about Evelynn being overpowered, I'm just wondering what I did wrong here.

So we get into champion select (thus was a normal game) and we have a Jayce and Kayle who both call top, my friend as Ezreal goes bot with the auto lock Darius. I'm stuck with mid which is fine, most champs I like go mid anyways. I pick Syndra.

The loading screen comes up and I see their team and it's Garen top, Shaco jungling, Evelynn mid and I honestly don't remember the other champs. Anyways. I go mid against Evelynn who started the game by ganking bot and got first blood, no problem. I play it safe and farm at my tower, which is pretty easy for Syndra. Eve comes back to mid and she Qs some minions so I go to Q her. It hits her but does almost no damage at all. I look at her MR, it's still at 30 something, her base. We exchange a little bit and she kills me. I buy a pink ward and a Null Magic Mantle since I rush Athene's anyways and the MR would help.

I go back to lane, place the ward in the middle of the lane, I have vision on her 80% of the time now. I land a few Qs and they still do no damage, she's still not building MR, this makes no sense to me. I had around 40 AP which isn't a lot but my Q should have been doing more than what it was.

Eve kills me a few more times under my turret and Darius switches lanes with me. I feel like I did everything to counter her and yet she could still kill me with ease. Is there something I wasn't doing?

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-22-2013

sounds like she had level advantage and perhaps defensive masteries. Now before you go saying an assassin can do that much damage with defensive masteries consider how hard irelia does just this

LionsCandy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

I'm with Cereal.

Sounds like defensive masteries and a level advantage.

That, and Syndra's Q doesn't really do much damage until it's maxxed, thanks to her passive.

Peligrad

01-22-2013

Getting a kill in the opening seconds is huge. You get the FB bonus gold, a load of Xp, on top of the typical kill gold.

That'll give you a huge stat advantage, and an extra ability before your opponent.

Not too hard to figure out why you'd get rolled.

Plus Syndra's pre-6 inst that great...and her skill cap is pretty high...

so probably a combination of her being fed and you not being a great syndra...

In the lane phase, you cant expect mr to save you from Eve. Her damage is sustained. So its not like many other APCs that blow their load and then they're out of cds and you walk away if you survive.

So...tbh, you are better off building AP so that you can blow her up... or at least keep her honest.