Language specific teammate preference

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

01-21-2013

When you sign up for an account (or edit your account details), there should be an option to prefer to be matched with teammates that speak a user-specified list of languages (say, up to 10), or check an option to not care about language preferences.

UPVOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS IDEA PLZ.

Zer0blizzard

01-23-2013

Bump.

B1aqq

01-24-2013

I'll actually agree with this, as opposed to the ignorant "Mexican Server request" thread.

Zer0blizzard

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1aqq View Post
I'll actually agree with this, as opposed to the ignorant "Mexican Server request" thread.
Central Americans must be pretty miffed about that.

Zer0blizzard

01-25-2013

Bump.

GzMk

01-26-2013

bump....sick of jajajajaja's and huehuehuehue's .....

Pelvis Pressley

01-27-2013

From another post I made...

3. Languages - I don't fully understand what Riot's system for bringing people who speak the same language together is but it doesn't work. I live near Miami, FL where there is a large spanish speaking population. Whether this has anything to do with it, I don't know. What I do know is that if I am unable to communicate with my team then the enemy team now has a HUGE advantage over me. Virtually every other game I join has a majority of Espanol speaking players. Not only is it difficult to play but most of the time that I mention I don't speak Spanish I get harassed and blamed if we lose. League players seem to hate gringos, this is personal experience talking, not preconceived bias.

The solution is to allow the players to set their matchmaking language preference. Many people are bilingual and can hold a decent conversation in English. Folks should be able to choose their primary language and be matched completely based on that choice, no exceptions.

Zer0blizzard

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilionDolaBluntz View Post

3. Languages - I don't fully understand what Riot's system for bringing people who speak the same language together is but it doesn't work. I live near Miami, FL where there is a large spanish speaking population. Whether this has anything to do with it, I don't know. What I do know is that if I am unable to communicate with my team then the enemy team now has a HUGE advantage over me. Virtually every other game I join has a majority of Espanol speaking players. Not only is it difficult to play but most of the time that I mention I don't speak Spanish I get harassed and blamed if we lose. League players seem to hate gringos, this is personal experience talking, not preconceived bias.

The solution is to allow the players to set their matchmaking language preference. Many people are bilingual and can hold a decent conversation in English. Folks should be able to choose their primary language and be matched completely based on that choice, no exceptions.
Same idea, different thread. Spread the word. May our cause be triumphant.

ReaperOfBodom

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilionDolaBluntz View Post

I totally agree with you.

I also think that the client itself should be in the langage that you want (like in the EU server). At least I think they can put French and Spannish. Is there already a thread on that?

Zer0blizzard

01-30-2013

Bump.