Invisible Skill shots

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Jamaica

01-21-2013

not exactly invisible but Sivirs boomerang seems to be acting weirdly, its like the visually is reduced to simply wind.

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I notice it most often with Ezreal and his ultimate (and maybe sometimes Mystic Shot). Just last week or so I was leaving my fountain and noticed the enemy Ez shoot his ult down our Mid-lane. I popped the camera back to me with Spacebar and prepared to dodge it. I heard the whooooosh as it passed, and I took damage, but it wasn't visible at all.
Also, I think the invisible skillshots happen more often when the enemy who shoots it is out of your vision (such as in a bush). Dark binding is another frequent offender, I believe.

I'll keep my eye open for the issue in the future and try to capture logs for you. Thanks for looking into this!

bubbabinsky

01-21-2013

I'll try to remember the teams. My team had J4, lux, lulu, elise, and one more.... Their team had Malz, Brand, Teemo, Darius, and Heimerdinger.

Brand threw a skillshot at me. I don't know what skill it was, all I saw was a red glow on the ground. I't wasn't his R so it must have been his Q.

No clue about my latency, but I was a bit laggy.

Kevïn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I played against an olaf where the same thing happened 7 hours ago (at 10:30 ish EST)
The olaf's axe was shown upon leaving and when it landed. However, when it was "in the air" it was invisible.
The olaf had no skin.

Armorgen

01-21-2013

Had this last night playing Mundo.

Pen is Smitier

01-21-2013

Just had it happen as sivir again, about mid game, and when it did her auto-attacks were invisible too, but still drawing the vfx, just not the model. It happened after I sold some pots - dunno if that is related, will test again

NavyDragons

01-21-2013

caitlyns piltover peacemaker(Q) happens alot aswel

JuniorFisherman

01-21-2013

Well, wouldn't increasing the update speed for projectiles visibility fix the problem?

My hypothesis are:
1- A part of the projectile is still in a non-visible area, so the whole missile is counted non-visible
2- When it comes out of a non-visible area to a visible area, the game doesn't update it as visible fast enough?
3- Maybe a part of the script fails to trigger the projectile's model appearence.

I'd suggest taking a screenshot of the skillshot being invisible and check if it's not somewhere else in the map, or maybe there are small particles shown at where the skillshot should be. Just giving some kind of inspiration for you guys to work on :P

Glaan

01-21-2013

Can't give much info, but I know the few times I've played Sivir recently, her Q would vanish completely if it hit a minion shortly after I threw it. It'd be visible for half a second, hit a minion and vanish, but still do damage along the skill shot length, though not on the return.
it's very weird, to say the least.

Oconnomo

01-21-2013

This isn't a skillshot but I thought I'd include it as an invisible skill: singed poison trail still disappears whenever he enters a bush.