Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Invisible Skill shots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illyriomysterio

01-21-2013

Quote:
Dannamoth:
Hey guys and gals,

I'm trying to get some more information on the "invisible skill shot bug". I've experienced it in a few games. However, I want to gather more information to attempt to figure out why it's happening. If you've experienced the issue please post in this thread with the R3D game log from the game in which it happened. Also, which champions where on each team and which champion was experiencing the issue with skill shots being invisible when cast.

Instructions on getting the R3D log: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987-league-of-legends-logs

Current known:

Nidalee spears
Mundo Cleavers
Ezreal Ult
Lux E
Janna Tornados
Gragas Barrels
Blitz's fist when he uses Q

To be fair, you never know if cleavers will hit either way, the width is so much bigger than the cleaver itself, kinda like when Ezreal's W was that way. >.>

Fox P McCloud

01-21-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Saw this happen last night in a top lane vs. Olaf. The invisible skillshot occurred every time he tossed his axes.

Skillshots seem ultra inconsistent of late too; I was playing ARAM with some friends and someone on the enemy team commented "I dunno how his ult missed so-and-so". Oddly enough, a few times prior to that I was thinking the same thing.

Canfrith

01-21-2013

I dunno if it was patched yet, but about a month ago, Viktor's E *death ray* was being invisible about 40% of the time.

BeatsByDrej

01-21-2013

Corki's ult wasn't showing bombs on games yesterday for me. Just the streaming fire behind it.

The Master Sword

01-21-2013

I don't have an exact game to quote at the moment, however in nearly every game at least 1 of Anivia's Q's goes invisible after launching. Doesn't matter when or if I detonate it, just invisible.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

01-21-2013

Quote:
Canfrith:
I dunno if it was patched yet, but about a month ago, Viktor's E *death ray* was being invisible about 40% of the time.

I know that was fixed around early December. You can thank CertainlyT for that one.

Submohr

01-21-2013

no red logs atm, but I see this pretty commonly with sivir Q and autoattack, across multiple skins (at least bandit, base, and spectacular). (maybe just her W auto but it definitely applies to some form of auto). also had it happen with ashe ult recently.

Pen is Smitier

01-21-2013

I'm not sure if it's just skill shots... I've also seen it with sivir's ricochet (and boomerang blade, which is a skillshot) - so it might be any ability spawned projectile...

Also of note: when it does happen with sivir, the *vfx* play (little swirls around the ricochet and boomerang) it is just the *model* that doesn't spawn

EIDee

01-21-2013

I played a game two days ago on EUW as Firefighter Tristana where her basic attacks were invisible. Is that the same issue? It lasted for the entire game, the water splash from her cannon was visible but the cannonball projectile wasn't. They showed up fine in the custom game I just tested with.

Allies:
Tristana (me)
Gangplank
Ahri
Zyra
Olaf

Enemies:
Twitch
Brand
Shaco
Cho'Gath
Leona

EDIT: I've also seen this with Sivir's Boomerang Blade and Ricochet before, as well as Ezreal's Mystic Shot. Don't have an R3D logs handy for those though.

Ghaxion

Recruiter

01-21-2013

I have also recently noticed Sivir's Boomerang Blade and Ricochet both becoming partially(no boomerang but some wind-like effect around it) and fully invisible in a few games. They were always enemies, never teammates. I have also noticed quite a few times in the past week skill shots (such as lux binding and blitz rocket grab) that the animation has gone through the target and did not effect them, similar to what someone said earlier.