Invisible Skill shots

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

01-21-2013
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Hey guys and gals,

I'm trying to get some more information on the "invisible skill shot bug". I've experienced it in a few games. However, I want to gather more information to attempt to figure out why it's happening. If you've experienced the issue please post in this thread with the R3D game log from the game in which it happened. Also, which champions where on each team and which champion was experiencing the issue with skill shots being invisible when cast. It would also be helpful to post with what your Latency was at the time, to your best knowledge.

Instructions on getting the R3D log: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...f-legends-logs

Current known:

Nidalee spears
Mundo Cleavers
Ezreal Ult
Lux E
Janna Tornados
Gragas Barrels
Blitz's fist when he uses Q
Olaf's Axe when thrown
Corki's Ult
Anivia's Q
Caitlynn's Q
Sona's Q
Brand's Ult
Rumble E
Sivir's Q

king wiggles47

01-21-2013

good guy dannamoth

Corruption44

01-21-2013

Dannamoth isn't it highly likely to be mor ecommon on users with higher ping as it could possibly be that the skillshot has already landed before the call to render is transmitted.
I.E skill is fired- skill lands-client recieves data that a skillshot is fired
The only time i see this bug happen is during Lag spikes or while i have a torrent running.

Zombie Poncho

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

It was a Ranked Game:
Our team: MF, Sivir, Katarina, Fiddle, Kayle
Their team: Ashe, Nidalee, Kha'Zix, Singed, Lux.

Nidalee's Spear was pretty much invisible except for the fire looking part at the tip.

Waardeloze Riven

01-21-2013

Hello,

This file is from a 3v3 ranked game i played with my friends on the EUNE server.

Our team: Gankplank,Cho'gath,Ezreal.
Enemy Team: Lee-sin, Nidalee and Dr. Mundo

Dr. Mundo's axe were invisble only noticed he threw one when we got the slow + damage.

I really hope you will find a way to fix this.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

My issue wasnt with skillshots but with the Dragon itself: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3027699

Enemies:
Master Yi
Xin Zhao
Maokai
Taric
Ezreal

Allies:
Dr Mundo (me)
Nunu (He claimed that he couldnt see the dragon either)
Caitlyn (She said she couldnt see it in the either)
Zyra (Could not see it as well)
Riven

Guys, if any of you had LoL replay you might wanna check the replay and see if the skillshots were visible there. In my case, when i went to the replay to see what had happened, the dragon was there just as usual

Here's the r3d log of that match

Valkiden

01-21-2013

5v5 custom Proving grounds- ARAM
Allies:
Karthus (me)
Veigar (also had issue)
Kennen
Malphite
Fiora (also had issue)

Enemies:
Nasus
Ahri
Sejuani
Ashe
Gragas

Problem: Gragas' barrels were invisible all match. Both the barrel on his q and on his ult were not visible, however the particles on the q of the ale squirting out were still visible.

CommandShockwave

01-21-2013

Strangely enough I had a couple games of ARAM on PG where the fist on the end of blitz' extendo-arm wasn't there, so he was kinda just shooting a long grey pipe at us >_>

Sadly I can't attach anything because the lol website has been broken for me for the last week on this computer.

Clitorissandra

01-21-2013

Sivir's Q becomes invisible every once in a while, Idk how to reproduce the occurrence.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

01-21-2013
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Saw this happen last night in a top lane vs. Olaf. The invisible skillshot occurred every time he tossed his axes.

1234511 ... 14