Buying Skins with IP idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taekei

11-10-2013

I find it rather unfair that people who can't buy RP won't ever be able to get a skin of their choice unless someone decides to buy it for them. That's why I thought of this system to make buying skins with IP possible. Now, before you say that RP users will be really pissed off by this, just take your time to read through and maybe you'd change your mind.

I got my idea from another MOBA game (I don't believe I need to mention which) that gives a special skin for a character that they have reached a certain "level" with within a certain system, and this "level" need to be progressed separately for each character.

Integrating this into League of Legends in the most practical way, I've thought of the following:
- A player can buy a Champion skin using IP if they've won a required amount of matches using that champion
- Only ONE skin per champion can be bought this way
- Ultimate Skins cannot be bought this way
- The rank (I'm not sure what it's officially called) of the Skin scales with the amount of won matches and IP needed to purchase it

A sample of what I'm talking about is as follows:
Champion: Garen
Skin:
- Sanguine Garen (Won matches: 30, IP: 3150)
- Commando Garen (Won matches: 30, IP: 3150)
- Rugged Garen (Won matches: 40, IP: 4800)
- Dreadknight Garen (Won matches: 50, IP: 6400)
- Steel Legion Garen (Won matches: 75, IP: 7200)

Yes, I realise Riot needs to make money, but think about it. Winning 50 matches for one of those 900RP or so Skins is pretty hard. People usually get bored of using the same champion for 20 games in a row, and there's no guarantee you'd win them all in the first place. Also, since it's one skin per champion, it won't affect Riot's income so much either.

This is just my idea. So if someone agrees but sees something wrong with it, please tell me what, and if you don't agree with it, tell me why. Thank you.

Saydene

11-10-2013

Or you can play the game for free without changing the look of your character. Sorry but Riot's overhead costs have to be waaaay too high to maintain the most popular game online to be handing out more freebies.

I don't get what you mean by "can't buy RP." Logistically, or monetarily? They've made RP readily available through both local electronic stores and multiple channels online.

SirLANsalot

11-10-2013

1. OP is an idiot and just wants more free stuff from Riot.

2. This idea could work for old old legacy skins (the recolors) that riot makes little to no money on now.

Novacht

11-10-2013

^

No, this isn't going to happen.

Skins are totally vanity.

You're playing a game they already provide to you for FREE.

Get the **** over it if they make you purchase RP to buy skins that do nothing in-game, except make you look different.

Riot has to make money somehow.

D4nny

11-10-2013

I personally like the idea, but if you take a good moment to realize it, people will stop buying and just work harder on their specific champion to earn the skins for free. It will drop RIOTs profit ratios by a good fraction. Great thought, though.

Engore

11-12-2013

Dumbest idea NA, get a job.

Obrusnine

11-12-2013

No, Riot needs to make money somehow. Skins are an optional way of improving your personal experience with the game, and something to hold up as a trophy "Hey I bought this! So cool ain't it?".

It has no bearing on gameplay whatsoever, that's the exact reason they charge for it. It's their best way of making money. Why would they cut into their own profits like this?

MasterFlying

03-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engore View Post
Dumbest idea NA, get a job.
not NA idea T_T

sup609

4 Weeks Ago

Maybe renting a skin with IP could be good?