Solo ranked is not solo!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissumi View Post
I duo queue and lose quite a bit because my and my friend get paired with 2 other people, and then a random, and play against 4 people premade and their 1 random and get stomped.

Honestly I don`t think it`s fair but *shrugs*
Aye. Riot has worked hard to provide a matchmaking service that gives you 50/50 odds for winning and losing.

To most players, myself included, that feels as if it's completely ignorant of actual gameplay. People who want to engage in a feature called "Solo Queue" aren't looking for fair odds: we're looking for solo player games. Though that duo group might contribute to 50/50 odds, I don't care -- my game is being impacted by people that are not solo players.

It's not called the "fair match" queue, and DotA was not fun for solo players because it was "fair".

Solumas

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peebioh View Post
Because you're queing solo. That doesn't mean that everyone else solo qued aswell, that would be nice if they did but they do not. And you can only que up with either another friend or you need a full 5, atleast that's what I think you're trying to say.
Solo: alone: without anybody else or anything else

Then its truly not a solo que, now is it?

With that said, there is no sure fire way of fixing it. lower premade to require 2 people? You better hope there's another premade with 3. The only way I could think of even remotely making it work out is a partial premade que. Where you can have 1-4 people join the que, which in its self would a rather interesting que.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumas View Post
Solo: alone: without anybody else or anything else

Then its truly not a solo que, now is it?

With that said, there is no sure fire way of fixing it. lower premade to require 2 people? You better hope there's another premade with 3. The only way I could think of even remotely making it work out is a partial premade que. Where you can have 1-4 people join the que, which in its self would a rather interesting que.
Here are some intuitive and clear labels for queues.

- Solo Queue
- Partial Premade
- Full Premade

Mercucial

10-21-2010

Honestly I think it's fine the way it is. All that would happen if they seperated solo from partial premade is longer queue times, and people would still QQ about something else.

KADAMA

10-21-2010

Simple math