Dom to SC- strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CykAngel

01-21-2013

Hey guys

I've recently gotten level 30, but I've done so playing mainly dominion (400 games, 200some wins).

As I started to gain more of an interest in LOL, i started transitioning into SR.

It's a bit of a challenge, since the normal champs I'd play on dominion are only found top lane. The bruiser jaxes, pantheons, xins etc.

I could benefit from some friendly advice on who to try maining for the different roles as a break-in. I have almost all champs a this point.

These are normals to let me get used to the feel of the man. I'd like some advice on easy champs to get into that still have some value late game-

Was thinking:

Adc: ezreal, vayne

Apc: cass, Morgana

Jungler: mumu, lee sin, noct

Support: tactic, soraka, kayle, troll blitz

Top bruiser: Darius, akali, riven, nass
Overall utility: teemo, kennen
Tank: allistar? Blitz? Renekton?

Any feedback would be appreciated, my goal is to start doing draft normals for 200 games or so and not get slaughtered

Thanks
-Cyk

Sp4rKz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Hi,

Well all those pick seems legit. I would say kayle support isn't actually viable but all the other pick are good. I would add that Vayne isn't the best ADC for solo queue as she require lots of protection from her team and she really is hard to play. Her laning is also very weak but she rules in fight. So if you want to not get slaughtered go with Ezreal and maybe Ashe as she's easy. And with some map awarness her ult can be very usefull.

Cassiopeia is not viable at the moments as she rely on skillshot and there are so many champion with dashe right now thats it's hard. Also she got a very hight skillcap. If you like to spam your spell I'd say maybe you should try Orianna. Otherwise you'll do just fine with all the other pick you mentioned.

Oh one last things... if you want to play kayle she's actually pretty good top played as a second AD.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

I'd avoid mid for now since you might wanna see how others play. They tend to push their lane then roam.
Jungling is a good way to go to see how SR is played. Read a guide and practice a route. Jungle till 4 then go gank. Ward dragon periodically.

CykAngel

01-21-2013

*Interesting an thanks for feedback*

I suck at Jungling a lot, I tend to try gank and I fail/my timing is off, else the new jungle is slow and I end up falling behind my team a lot. That's y I was thinking of amumu, since his ult is team fight god-sauce

I've learned NOT to pick up adc, I try to let more experienced players carry while I learn the ropes.*

Are there a set goto bunch of perma-bans in SR draft mode? I heard mumu is almost always banned, so I'd be wasting my time learning someone like that if I decide to play ranked

In Dom, you never get to use rammus, kass, Dar or jax, for instance

again, thanks for the feedback
-Cyk

iDpark

01-21-2013

amumu is good, but always banned.

He's still fun, despite being banned and blue reliant.
You also learn how to hit a SLOW skill shot.
And positioning for a great ult

Try playing maokai for another tank jungle.
Malph is good too.

Play the game, have fun, and you'll get better.

Warrrrax

01-22-2013

Note that the new jungle sucks and you have no money. So, people tend to get Utility tanky junglers instead of actual damage dealers.
thats why you see a lot of Amumu, Maokai, Malphite, Cho, etc. They can build pure tank and still do decent damage plus bring a lot to the table.
Someone like Xin is a fine jungler but very reliant on early ganks and items to be able to contribute later on.