Tower Buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stand2Reason

01-21-2013

Part of my reasoning is that the passive gold and experience let people dive much faster than in the other modes. By level 10 without being fed the tank, or anyone, can easily have a warmogs and part of a thornmail or at least a 50 armor item as well. In other modes at level 10-12 this is much less likely for the tank usually.

I have played many games where someone has a warmogs early in the game and can easily dive the tower for 6 or more hits and not even lose half their health. Meanwhile their whole team is under the tower with them killing off everyone. I just think that if the towers lowered armor and magic resist per hit even by a small 5% per hit it would an addition to the game play and make the games more fun.

I didnt find a previous post on towers, I could be wrong but I think most everyone would not mind tower behind buffed. Maybe not the outer one but the inner and Nexus could easily be buffed with a 50% dmg increase and/or that they lower target armor and magic resist by 10% per tower hit.

Feedback: Different buff ideas or maybe the towers are strong enough dont change them?

Sneaky Thing

01-21-2013

I'm not sure how long you've been on the forums as a Junior Member, but I will enlighten you as to something that appears in every game mode on all the forums ALL THE TIME.

Everyone wants tower buffs and increased damage from towers to prevent diving.

RIOT has clearly stated that being tower dived after about level 3 or 4 is working as intended, and here's why: Games need to end, and diving towers needs to be possible for a team to take advantage of their build and make tactical decisions. If towers scaled well into late game, minions would never push them down, games would be many hours long, and staying under your tower would be an instant screw you to many otherwise excellent champions (primarily melee bruisers, sinces bruisers are the only kind of melee that work in the game).

You have to get into this mentality: Before level 6 towers protect you, but from level 6 on, you protect the towers.

Stand2Reason

01-21-2013

I understand that and it makes sense in the normal game modes, but I have played a ton of ARAM games. I would prefer them to be stronger in ARAM mode only. If the majority of people like the pathetically weak towers that even the double towers can be easily dived at level 11 thats fine. I dont really care. I was just trying to get some other peoples opinions for ARAM games which I believe have a different flow than SR games.

Dont worry about my Junior member status

soon a hero

01-21-2013

but they ARE stronger in aram. more hp

LrdVprScrpn

01-22-2013

Well-matched teams can already go back and forth several times before deciding the match. It would take even longer if they both had to plow through 4 supertowers.

Stand2Reason

01-27-2013

Updated, with how quickly people rush warmogs and armor, I still think it would benefit all games to make the towers lower armor and magic resist per attack either by a % or flat amount to keep tower dives shorter so people with early warmogs cant just dive a tower for 10+ shots at level 10.

PyroGlacious

01-27-2013

that's still just 1-2 shots per 200 hp... most every char can dive for 10+ after level 10

CowMeat

01-27-2013

I like the power level of the current towers.

Stand2Reason

01-29-2013

Alrighty, sounds like everyone likes the moderately weak towers. Oh well. Thanks for the feedback.

The Codyman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Maybe the towers can scale? IDK I would like to test it.