Why doesn't Riot implement "safe to leave"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-22-2013

+1.

Iratus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Safe to leave should also mean Loss Forgiven, though, and Riot just needs to crack down harder on trolls.

Seriously, this kind of thing is really just an excuse for Riot being lazy. That's why they don't just put on more Loss Forgiven flags. They don't want to devote more manpower to banning trolls and grievers than their automated systems and loltribunal.

You would think they would actually focus more on improving the gameplay and such in Ranked queues where it really is an obnoxious thing to be climbing ladders, then hit some troll who ruins your game and knocks you back down the ladders. Even more so with this new weird ladder/league system their implementing.

Morior Invictis

01-22-2013

You can't simply make it if one person leaves then everyone can.

Think about the duo queue or team ranked games. One person leaves the game so that the "loss is forgiven" and they eat the penalty just so their elo doesn't suffer.

Seems too exploitable.

ArgentumVir

01-22-2013

In dota 2 it seems like half the games end prematurely because someone leaves, I'm not sure this is a good idea

Iratus

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morior Invictis View Post
Seems too exploitable.
There's that phrase again... Tossed around rampantly like 'entitled' is.

It wouldn't be exploitable if they bothered to police the system with half as much effort as they do trying to make flashy new champions rather than fixing or balancing the stuff that is currently in the game.

PapillonMyu

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morior Invictis View Post
You can't simply make it if one person leaves then everyone can.

Think about the duo queue or team ranked games. One person leaves the game so that the "loss is forgiven" and they eat the penalty just so their elo doesn't suffer.

Seems too exploitable.
You cant leave at any point and get a loss forgiven, you will only get a loss forgiven if sub 10mins there is a person already afk for 5 minutes the afk will eat the penalty and you wont.

Xephen

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonMyu View Post
Hi,

I was giving Dota2 a go one of these days and I noticed they have a very cool system, if a person does not connect to the game the game doesn't start period.You get sent back to lobby and its queue time again.

This would avoid alot of the people who randomly have some issues with their client and cant connect to the game at all.

However the main point of the thread is the safe to leave thing, in dota 2 if within the first minutes of the game a person is their dced or flagged as afk the game becomes safe to leave and has no matchmaking impact meaning no win or loss.

Right now in league if one person is afk at the start you are faced with a 4v5 with almost no chance of winning (because unless the matchmaking system screwed up hard ) you won't win period, with the safe to leave feature if the person doesn't reconnect at all you can simply leave the game without having to waste pointless 20minutes in a lost game, not only you are wasting your time but the enemy is also losing theirs as you have nothing to learn or fun beating an enemy with no chance to win.

Pls riot.
Here is the thing 4v5s can be won. It is harder and not likely, but can be done if you do it right. I have pulled this off as a taric. So I would not say there is NO chance to win as you put it. Also it was a ranked. I have won about 10 4v5s.

You just have to do it. Some where because of me, other due to my team doing really well, some were just everyone on my team having GA and active items and the other team not being able to cope with that lol.

March of Dimes

01-22-2013

Why would anyone think that's a bad idea? Do you like playing 5v5 games when they're not 5v5? If you like winning 4v5s, you're not being forced to quit (certainly not as much as those who would like to quit are currently being forced to stay).

Raptamei

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Summoner View Post
In dota 2 it seems like half the games end prematurely because someone leaves, I'm not sure this is a good idea
In LoL 75% of the games end prematurely because one team surrenders.

March of Dimes

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
In LoL 75% of the games end prematurely because one team surrenders.
This all depends on how you define "prematurely". Do chess matches end prematurely when a grandmaster surrenders? Misplay's possible in both games, but that doesn't mean you can count on it happening (and, certainly, we're FAR from grandmasters). However, in league, you're also hoping your team will suddenly stop doing whatever put them behind in the first place (doubtful imo).

Either way, the fact that people surrender some games doesn't mean we should be forced to play out games that start 4v5.