@Riot, please give me some "cliche" champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f58c77b838d09

01-23-2013

Would it really be that bad to have a standard wizard in robes? How about a badass ninja who isn't a tank and doesn't look like Shredder from TMNT? You can make him "unique" through his personality, his quotes, minor touches to his costume, and so on.

Also, what's with the fetish for asymmetical gloves? Riven, Maokai, the list goes on. Having a champion with one big glove and one small one doesn't make him/her cool or unique -- it just looks stupid, aesthetically.

Cliches are cliches for a reason -- because they're cool/work well. They're not bad in small amounts and when spun in a new way.

TL;DR: Give me mah ninja in a black ninja suit with two katanas.

Roit, ploiz. (British accent)

NotBuzzJack

01-23-2013

Boring.

SasakitheCouncil

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1f58c77b838d09 View Post

Also, what's with the fetish for asymmetical gloves? Riven, Maokai, the list goes on.
Upvoted because this is funny.

SaltiestBallsNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Isn't Shen a typical ninja? (I mean, it's odd that he's a tank and wants to be targeted, but still...)
Veigar is also, in a way cliched (being based off the dark mages from final fantasy).

Although I do agree that there's nothig wrong with cliche champion ideas. A good old sorcerer/warlock/necromancer/paladin always works.

Personally, I'd like to see more champions based off mythological/fantasy creatures, like beholders, mind flayers, ogres, etc

Kmiavdaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Ashe. GP. Karthus. Xin... many cliched characters around. Gloves? Check Vi out you might be surprised

Redeemed In Fire

01-23-2013

Darius is pretty much cliche and people whined about how boring he was

IS1f58c77b838d09

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmiavdaen View Post
Ashe. GP. Karthus. Xin... many cliched characters around. Gloves? Check Vi out you might be surprised
Instead of asymmetical gloves, they gave her gignatic hydraulic ones. They managed to include the weirdness in there.

Agreed with the mythological creatures. A nymph would be cool.