Shaco's Viability

Yes, he's still viable. You just need to be really good with him. 66 47.14%
Yes, he's viable, and not that hard to do well with. Practice more. 30 21.43%
He's a good pubstomper, but no longer viable for competitive games. 29 20.71%
He's been nerfed to the ground and is just overall terribad now. 15 10.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

[Question] A Viable Way to Play Shaco Now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

Bump.

DrLobster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

The reason sheen is so great on ad shaco is because of it's passive. you're not getting it for the mana, although that's nice, you're getting it for the "When an ability is used, your base damage is increased by 100% for your next attack."

If sheen is your first item, that's double damage. Double damage + crit for double damage + 25% extra from a backstab = one hell of a deceive hit early on.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

10-26-2010

Well... the good news is that I played last night and did Shaco, and I freakin' owned!! ^_^ ... gawd it was so nice to feel the shaco power again.... my team was like 10/1 by around the 15 min mark (they also had a really noob Fiddlejungle but still).

Sadly, we lost due to us not taking advantage of this and poor teamwork (and a leave), but overall as Shaco I felt great!

Thx to every1 for the great tips!

Churchy

Friend of Urf

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLobster View Post
The reason sheen is so great on ad shaco is because of it's passive. you're not getting it for the mana, although that's nice, you're getting it for the "When an ability is used, your base damage is increased by 100% for your next attack."

If sheen is your first item, that's double damage. Double damage + crit for double damage + 25% extra from a backstab = one hell of a deceive hit early on.
It only works on his base damage, and doesn't get a crit damage bonus iirc. I may be wrong.
I do however remember that a brutalizer (100g more?) gives more damage consistently and also makes your deceive hit higher.

Insemination

10-26-2010

What i do is:

Get Boots of Mobility -> Sheen -> Brutalizer. Your damage output will be very high if you manage to get these items early on.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

10-29-2010

I actually tried my original AD-only build the other day and I did pretty good! The only thing that concerns me is that I dont get that much AD until later on... unless superfed. I'm gonna try getting earlier pure dmg to see if that helps.

Honey Badger X3

03-28-2011

Shaco is useless now. He use to be similar to master yi's damage output and was TONS of fun to play. He's been nerfed way too hard. AP Shaco is still good and fun but AD Shaco is pathetic. I'm really disappointed in his nerfs as he is no longer fun to play.

Jaghut Tyrant

04-28-2011

I'm in a similar spot. seems to me, in alot of games you need to not only be able to jungle and gank (not that hard) -- you need to be able to invade the enemies jungler, and skillfully handle any invasion of your jungle. that's where the real skill (and knowledge) comes in, IMO

FxyO

04-29-2011

never. ever. ever. ever. ever. make sheen on shaco.

Build depending how the other team looks. if the other team has any ap nukers at all you will need to stack MR. get your wriggles and mobility boots, then make wits end. wits end is highly underrated on shaco, as it effectively acts as a bloodrazor in terms of how much damage the % does considering how early you can get it; mainly for MR though. the only thing that will kill shaco is AP, so thats the reason i get scaling MR runes cause all you need to do is live for deceive to come back off cooldown and youre home free.

If youre facing a heavy AD team, get a sunfire + black cleaver, then a GA. after your mobility and wriggles.

you build certain defensive items depending on what youre up against. Defensive items > rushing offensive items especially as a first item imo, you still do massive damage attacking from behind with arp runes. a few notes is black cleaver is always better than infinity edge, as attack speed grants shaco the biggest boost.

my all around favorite item for shaco is Wit's End. It has everything you need, 40 attack speed, MR, and a mana drain + effectively giving you an extra +30 AD. great investment.

also consider sash or merc treads vs sion and taric.

in conclusion shaco is my favorite hero, i have played him everyway in and out with every item build imaginable. i also own all of his skins. played well, you can really hinder the enemy in the early game. focus on your item build and general ganking strategy first, then you can move onto counter jungling when you evantually get the "sense" where you know where your enemy jungle is and about to go to. stacking a box trap in their golem bushes for example whenever its up, implies theyre probably B and going straight for it when they heal up, so plant em up.