Shaco's Viability

Yes, he's still viable. You just need to be really good with him. 66 47.14%
Yes, he's viable, and not that hard to do well with. Practice more. 30 21.43%
He's a good pubstomper, but no longer viable for competitive games. 29 20.71%
He's been nerfed to the ground and is just overall terribad now. 15 10.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

[Question] A Viable Way to Play Shaco Now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thas Ninja

10-22-2010

And now, I swoop in to promote AP SHACO!

Start with Amp Tome, grab golem at lvl 1 with boxes, and immediately start building a trap nest in the bush near your lane. get 4 or 5 stacked, then play loose to lure your opponents into them. After that, just be sneaky and build a deathfire grasp, boots mobility, and RoA. Get these by ganking alot, Shaco is a fantastic ganker. Throw out your shiv in teamfights, throw boxes for the AoE fear, and send your clone in for the huge AoE nuke

/end

Freedom Fries

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2010

But usually when people see you're building AP, they tend to avoid following you in bushes :/

Accelerant

10-22-2010

why malady on shaco?

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

10-22-2010

He is still viable however you play him. I have still had success playing jungle shaco with wriggles-->bloodrazor-->sunfire-->aegis, playing lane shaco for bloodrazor-->starks-->GA, and playing ap shaco for mejais-->lichbane-->voidstaff-->zhonyas.

He is still the same champion, and still viable in pretty much every way. He is a lot less powerful, but still an amazing champion when played correctly.

I don't personally play high AD builds, but if you prefer that, you should judge its viability for yourself.

As for my background, I have about 750 games won, 670 games lost, 63 ranked won, 41 ranked loss, and I've played around 300 games as shaco.

A comment on AP shaco: building box traps is a poor way to play, as smart opponents will simply stop jumping into brush and/or just throw a ward down where they think you are. Once or twice a game is probably all the use you will get from it. Building box "fields" similar to shroom paths, are a great way to kite an enemy at low health, making them take substantial damage that they don't realize they are taking. One or two box hits at a time with AP deal extremely large amounts of damage, followed by shivs/lichbanes, and they get rocked by a 10% hp shaco.

A Retarded Clown

10-22-2010

the new malady is even better on shaco jungle? Why,,,the Mpen..makes ur madreds bloodrazor that much more effective..once u get it u can effectively `1 v 1 most tanks mid game. Late game u might need a bit more...but I srsly doubt ull be killing tnaks then, ull be raping their carries after getting fed off their mid game 'tanks' that only had hp.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

10-23-2010

@ Accelerant: I used old Malady on Shaco because it was in Pendragon's build and I was using the exact same one :P. That whole build was actually quite useful back then.

Hmm... I havent actually tried the new Malady on any1. And yes, AP Shaco is ok but ppl just wont follow u into a bush if they have half a brain. Maybe if u/ally are low and want to lure them, but otherwise I dont see that happening (unless u use the Blitz/JITB combo).

Thas Ninja

10-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimble View Post
But usually when people see you're building AP, they tend to avoid following you in bushes :/
I agree, nests do usually only work once or twice a game. But they almost always do work that first time, and the early kill gives you lots of traction in your lane and it helps you make escapes, just because your enemies will be afraid to chase you into that bush again.

Thas Ninja

10-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
@ Accelerant: I used old Malady on Shaco because it was in Pendragon's build and I was using the exact same one :P. That whole build was actually quite useful back then.

Hmm... I havent actually tried the new Malady on any1. And yes, AP Shaco is ok but ppl just wont follow u into a bush if they have half a brain. Maybe if u/ally are low and want to lure them, but otherwise I dont see that happening (unless u use the Blitz/JITB combo).
Luring is the whole point, although its a tricky matter of knowing how much burst your lane opponents have so that you can simply walk away and not have to deceive. IMO, AP Shaco is just as viable as DPS Shaco, but he simply requires more thinking to play, as opposed to simply right clicking.
Also, Id like to point out that AP Shaco has more utility in all stages of the game than DPS Shaco. This is not to say that AP is better that DPS late game, it is to say that AP is more useful early game due to the 1:1 scaling on Two Shiv Poison and the lack of enemy MR so that you boxes actually deal noticeable damage.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

10-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thas Ninja View Post
This is not to say that AP is better that DPS late game, it is to say that AP is more useful early game due to the 1:1 scaling on Two Shiv Poison and the lack of enemy MR so that you boxes actually deal noticeable damage.
Yeah I've actually noticed that 1:1 ratio and it is CRAZY! I might play around that build a bit more....

And for the DPS part, ima try with a variant of the Sheen/DPS build... going for early green hand then straight out AD/AS items (will try to throw in a survivability item too).

AGCrew Bloodwolf

10-25-2010

Any1 else with constructive input around an itembuild for Shaco?