Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Urgot get a buff?

Yes 76 92.68%
No 6 7.32%
Voters 82 .

Urgot buff coming anytime soon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChewieChewtoy

10-21-2010

He needs a buff whether it would be for his AD scaling on Q or his base damage increase per level and for health as well.

I think Urgot should be played tanky melee DPS hero like Olaf or Xin Zhao. What they could do with his W is after the shield expires either from you took all the damage or it expired from time is that damage is turned back into 25%/35%/45%/55%/65% health and mana. Then his ultimate does the same thing, but it gives urgot invunerability for 1 second and when he switches he gains a shield of 500/750/1000 damage absorb and when that shield expires it turns into an AOE damage spell and upon recieving additional damage when in the shield 25% of that is configured into bonus damage. Sorta think of it like Galio's Idol of Durand? And instead of buffing his AD scale on his Q why not make it deal true damage like Olafs Reckless Swing? These are just some ideas I came up with him. What do you think?

erimon

10-21-2010

They're definitely working on it. Pretty sure several devs confirmed it. IIRC (!) bottom line was that Urgot isn't easy to fix because he has no clear role and there is a dispute over whether he should move into the dps or tank direction. They also said that currently he is powerful (-> early game) and that a buff to give him a clear role mid and late game will probably come with some sort of early game nerf. At least thats what I remember but I can't find the posts right now.

Once they get to him I'd expect a semi-rework from what they said at least a lot more than just some Q scaling.

Rezziver

Recruiter

10-21-2010

I think all Urgot needs is his Q needs to apply on hit affects, and a little better ap ratios. This would allow his shield to absorb a little more damage, which would make him a bit more tanky, and also building frozen mallet on him would give more health, and a slow on his Q. I just think that his shield should absorb more damage, and not slow.

BirthdaySex

10-21-2010

He also needs a sprite change(please) First of all he's too big and easily targeted, Second he looks gross

Voidgolem

10-21-2010

It's simple:

Make his shield not suck. There's half his issues fixed :\

Other half involves boosting his base range beyond 'terribad'

Jonlissla

10-21-2010

Urgot already recieved a buff this patch. What more can you ask for?

On a serious note though, I remember Guinsoo saying that he cannot be buffed with numbers alone and is problably getting a slight remake.

Lexstrus

10-21-2010

Urgot's Q does massive damage early game and not enough damage late game. Um? shouldn't it be the other way around?

ChewieChewtoy

10-22-2010

Quote:
Jonlissla:
Urgot already recieved a buff this patch. What more can you ask for?

On a serious note though, I remember Guinsoo saying that he cannot be buffed with numbers alone and is problably getting a slight remake.

By a buff you mean have his recommended trait taken off and he can't hit invisible units or people?

Voidgolem

10-22-2010

Which sucks, frankly.

I enjoyed rocket-spamming those Akalis.

Tapewormz

10-22-2010

Be nice if corrosive charge exposed invisable players like corki's flash bomb. I mean...If you were invisable and I blanketed the area in acid...I'm sure you'd give away your position as your face melted off.