10 Wins in progress: Akali any role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x semagDNIM x

01-21-2013

Now that all the pointless critiquing of his build is out of the way, lets get back to the point of the thread. Looks fun, and I hope you had fun doing so. I did something similar once with Karma out of boredom one day. You plan on trying Akali jungle?

JHVH

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by x semagDNIM x View Post
Now that all the pointless critiquing of his build is out of the way, lets get back to the point of the thread. Looks fun, and I hope you had fun doing so. I did something similar once with Karma out of boredom one day. You plan on trying Akali jungle?
Haha thanks, yeah I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm asking for mid, but if I end up in jungle I'm gonna give it a shot. During the last couple champ selects I've been thinking about how what page and what start I would use. All these games I've been starting boots with no potions. Machete+Pots seems obvious, but a longsword would bump the spellvamp on smite...

What did you do with Karma?

x semagDNIM x

01-21-2013

You should definitely give the jungle a shot, because I could only imagine level 6 ganks from an Akali at any given time, heh. When I ran Karma, it was with a premade, so things went smoother than they should have. My favorite game was playing with a solo Ez on bot, and me playing support to an Olaf on top. Playing bruiser support was the most fun I've had on Karma.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

brutalizer on akali? o.O

JHVH

01-21-2013

Pretty sure I could have afk'd this game and we would have won. Haha.

mid/vampiric

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkitten View Post
brutalizer on akali? o.O
The thing about Liandry's and Cleaver is that they both scale with your opponents, so no matter if you're doing well or poorly, they have a really hard time gearing against you. I think, ha.

Aside from the obvious stats, black cleaver should be noted as boosting your team's damage also, so it's good in team fights. The debuff splashes in an AOE when you R+E into a group of enemies. Also like I said earlier I'm skipping W entirely until 13, so my E damage is higher than people are used to.

It absolutely destroys MR stacking mids... I found it really helpful against Galio, probably would help against a Morgana... anyway that's my logic on it.

Blaine Tog

01-21-2013

How in the world is this supposed to work?

JHVH

01-21-2013

game 9 won

mid/vamp

this shen and i worked great together from the start.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
How in the world is this supposed to work?
What do you mean bro? The first-back swiftness boots makes the difference between them and any other speed the most dramatic it will be at any point in the game. The two core items let you build from 3 components: longswords, amplifying tomes, and ruby crystals. Need I explain how great that is for Akali? xD

Nores

01-21-2013

OK I dont understand the point of this thread.... Akali works with AD -quite a bit worse than with AP. So its not most efficient or effective build .Can it work ? -hell yeah. especially in normals. But even at diamond elo troll builds often work because soloq is not about your build

JHVH

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nores View Post
OK I dont understand the point of this thread.... Akali works with AD -quite a bit worse than with AP. So its not most efficient or effective build .Can it work ? -hell yeah. especially in normals. But even at diamond elo troll builds often work because soloq is not about your build
It's pretty definitely not just AD though. The black cleaver is usually my only AD item, it's just the runes and masteries which end up putting AD so high. Last game I completed cleaver before I even started Liandry's and at level 12 or something I had 40 ap? It's not a lot but it's more than zero... and I'm not actually avoiding AP items by any means. Rylai's is a great 3rd item.

What makes a troll build a troll build anyway? Solo queue builds that work should be called solo queue builds, not troll. that's a topic for a different thread though

Nores

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVH View Post
It's pretty definitely not just AD though. The black cleaver is usually my only AD item, it's just the runes and masteries which end up putting AD so high. Last game I completed cleaver before I even started Liandry's and at level 12 or something I had 40 ap? It's not a lot but it's more than zero... and I'm not actually avoiding AP items by any means. Rylai's is a great 3rd item.

What makes a troll build a troll build anyway? Solo queue builds that work should be called solo queue builds, not troll. that's a topic for a different thread though
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Akali

Akali has no ad scaling. (60% on her e = no AD scaling) .its like playing AP garen (whose only scaling is his ult) .You intentionally playing a very suboptimal build= troll

But you can win playing absolutely anything.Because winning in randomly matchmaked games is only partially dependent on your build