Tanks In LOL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMoulinRougeX View Post
I kinda have to agree. Isn't the main purpose of a tank is to do low damage but high surv? How can it be that a tank with Black cleaver able to out dps/be on par with bruisers? That's kind of ridiculous.

I shouldn't have to run away from a tank at 50% hp as an assassin because he managed to burst me down from 100% hp.
no, the job of a tank is not to do no damage and get hit.

They disable and disrupt and displace and peel and lots of other things. Bruisers are just damage dealers that can take a hit. Thats not a tank. Call it a tank all you like but then you wont understand why the "tank" is able to roll you

asamu

01-28-2013

What... Tanks are not even remotely OP. If anything, actual tanks are severely UP right now, with certain exceptions, like Amumu and Rammus. They are weak in lane, slow to jungle, and deal very very low damage. With all of the nerfs to resists, they are even weaker than they were. Tanks are focused around their ability to CC the enemy team while dealing moderate amounts of damage, and taking very low damage.

Unless of course, you mean bruisers that only stack HP with 1 or 2 damage items; a bruiser is not a tank; their roles just overlap to an extent. It's gotten to the point that you can't even build full tank on tanks anymore, because base damages are so low now, and ratios are high, with items for ADCs and such being ridiculous for damage output.

Tanks>assassins>mages/carries with support (supports negate the damage of tanks)>tanks
Bruisers/fighters > everything in 1v1

Asian4Invasion

01-28-2013

okay, I think you got this information from a fraud website or something because tanks are not over powerwed. tanks are built to have a lot of health and defense to survive on the front lines to fight champions and minions

Irish Red Cap

01-28-2013

Tanks are no OP atm. You're probably dying to bruisers and fighters. Those champs who will build something Tanky in their items to give them survivability while still building damage to rip someone's face off and laugh at the concept of running away.