My first day in RANKED

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MicKretz

01-21-2013

well i played my first 10 ranked games today so that i can get my placement matches out of the way and be all set for the new ranked system coming up.

TY Riot for the fun experience I went 5 for 5, so 50% win rate

Here is what i learned.....(hope you like it)

1. PPL Que Dodge a ton, i spent about an entire games worth of time at champion select screen over and over again....didn't care so much but it sucked when i kept being the first summoner and had to ban again and again and again lolz

2. PPL in first few matches were not the nicest ppl in the world, however the last few matches (where the ppl i was against all had 0-4 ranked wins) were the nicest bunch of ppl (except those nasty smurfs when they lost lol....you guys know wat i mean right??? lol)

3. PPL didnt give as much honors as in normal games. It was only on my last 2 matches (with the nice batch of ppl) that actually handed out honors when we won, the other 3 games i won (not so friendly ppl) didnt hand out a single honor, ppl left that stat screen super fast and didnt hang around to chat or nutin lolz

4. PPL do troll, its not a myth lolz

5. PPL werent as willing/knew how to support or jungle, so those were the roles i took and i actually liked it/felt more relaxed in those roles, as opposed to my main ADC MF pref role (never jungled with mundo until these ranked games and i won both) i did have the choice on 1 game to mid or top and i took AP Yi mid but i forgot to look at their CC and i got owned in team fights lol...lessons learned

OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
Despite being nervous to try Rank games, it was actually fun and I am looking forward to playing more of them when the new ranked system comes out.

TY riot and TY LoL community for all your help up to this point

MicKretz

01-21-2013

feel free to look at my match history for the time being, all matches are there and builds, any constructive crit u can give is always appreciated

ingame name = mickretz

Im Alf Stewart

01-21-2013

Nice feedback. I'm glad you're doing well in ranked to start off with!

I lost all 10 of my first ranked matches and dropped down to something stupid like 600 elo by the time I realised what I was doing was wrong. I have since played a lot of normal games to gain skill and am now sitting at 850 elo, so that's a good enough gain for me!

Eloquid

01-21-2013

You really don't want to have fun with this game do you.

Espair

01-21-2013

Had my first few ranked matches the other day as well.
People dodged so much you are right, it filled an entire games worth of time.
People ban darius a lot who i like to play.
Calling a spot doesn't mean anything.
If someone calls and you are ahead in champ selection queue they also get mad if you take the position you want.
People are not as nice and have a more elitist attitude towards people who want to play for fun.

So basically you spend a lot more time to play a game with not so nice people in a position you'd rather not play.

tbh. I uninstalled the game after playing those games, better spend my time more productively (though im on the forums cause im bored)

GeoGorsen

01-21-2013

I want to start playing ranked but I'm so afraid of trolls lol even though I don't have much experience yet

MicKretz

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGorsen View Post
I want to start playing ranked but I'm so afraid of trolls lol even though I don't have much experience yet

well i would def say go for it and give it a try, just to note that i do have previous Dota experience and i also played LoL for the first 2 seasons as well, just for AI though up until recently.....so i would recommend overall game knowledge is essential. I def would understand if rank ppl gather and hold up signs saying "no noobs allowed" cuz noobs don't belong in ranked, BUT "new ppl" are ok and no1 hates new ppl that know/hold their own.

Anywho, i do wish you the best in ranked, def worth trying if you played some randoms and know what you the basics.

Agent of God

01-21-2013

lol did you play bots to 30

MicKretz

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of God View Post
lol did you play bots to 30
yes i did lolz

season 1-2 i only play a few games a week/month

I was still playing Dota a lot (i did play some Unreal Tournament for a bit) and then left that, then my main online game was Atlantica Online, but left it at the end of LoL Season 2 and now this is my main online game i play

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espair View Post
Had my first few ranked matches the other day as well.
People dodged so much you are right, it filled an entire games worth of time.
People ban darius a lot who i like to play.
Calling a spot doesn't mean anything.
If someone calls and you are ahead in champ selection queue they also get mad if you take the position you want.
People are not as nice and have a more elitist attitude towards people who want to play for fun.

So basically you spend a lot more time to play a game with not so nice people in a position you'd rather not play.

tbh. I uninstalled the game after playing those games, better spend my time more productively (though im on the forums cause im bored)
lol. Dont blame the rank system if you are an unidemtional player. People shouldnt play ranked game if they can only play 1 role.
And of course Darius is ban a lot, he is a strong champ (not OP) with a very low skill celling.